HKS Blow off valve installed correctly?

89MkIII

targa'd tank
Mar 30, 2005
WI
Check out the pics, I just want verification that the vaccume hoses are connected correctly or if something should be blocked off.

Attachments

• DSC01454.JPG
    DSC01454.JPG
    586.7 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC01457.JPG
    DSC01457.JPG
    559.4 KB · Views: 89

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Hard to say without seeing the other end. Basically all you need is that vacuum source to be behind the throttle plate, but not behind any VSV's. The port right behind the intake plenum is perfect, as well as the vacuum port in the front of the intake plenum if you've got an adapter.

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
thats where my hks is hooked to and it works fine. when you put your acordian hose back on make sure you use the other plug and block off where the stock bpv connected to.

BISHOP: is that tube good? i don't quite get what you were saying about infront of the vsv, i don't have a mbc but minus that i have mine hooked up the same way btw not being an ass just asking because it seems to have worked right but if it's wrong i want to change it to right...

ross

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
So long as the other end hasn't been modified that tube is good, i.e. it's still getting vacuum from the original location. The goal is to just get vacuum that is not switched, the maze of vacuum hoses under and around the intake plenum can be tricky at first. You just don't want to accidently feed the BOV/turbo vacuum from the EGR VSV or the FPR VSV.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I have to disagree on this one. You're vacuum source is good, and it'll work, but I would NEVER tee into my wastegate acuator line. I recently blew my HKS racing bypass valve diaphram, causing a constant vacuum leak. Say this happened.. then you boosted.. bye bye motor, the wastegate would never open. 1 bar 2 bar 3 bar boom.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
hottscennessey said:
I have to disagree on this one. You're vacuum source is good, and it'll work, but I would NEVER tee into my wastegate acuator line. I recently blew my HKS racing bypass valve diaphram, causing a constant vacuum leak. Say this happened.. then you boosted.. bye bye motor, the wastegate would never open. 1 bar 2 bar 3 bar boom.
Well said.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I always try to dedicate a vacuum line to something. Very rarely will I tee into something... It's just easier to have it have it's own vac line.

89MkIII

targa'd tank
Mar 30, 2005
WI
I'm a little confused, sounds like the consensus is that I should change something. My two blue lines should basically be connected as one hose? Then I should find another vaccume source for my bov? Pics would help me out a lot if possible.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
This may help.. this is just how it would usually be hooked up. For the WG, your turbo has no outlet off it for the actuator, so you're going to have to use another source, remember to keep this line as short as possible and don't tee off it. You could use one of the two ports off the throttle body for this, only if they supply enough vac.

For the SSQV, just use the stock line?

Last edited: