HK$ cast mani copy

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
And the OBX manifold, I was so close to purchasing, I was not sure it was for the 7m....really thinking the 1jz and the person who listed, listed it wrong on ebay.

But they assured me it was for the 7m and it was an Greddy TT mani copy.

I looked at the flange bolt hole alignment compared to numerous other pictures of stock 7m head flanges and concured that it was for the 7m. As well as on MkIII tech.com in the "rare parts" section there is a picture of an actual Greddy TT manifold in that EXACT shape.

see it here:
http://www.mkiiitech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19

-Joanthan

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
siman said:
Good luck finding good condition 14G 3 bolt flange turbines.....I was going to buy that manifold from them but the lack of information and the RARITY itself of those turbine exhaust housing flanges ( only made by greddy) make it that much harder and expensive.

Though for not much you could hack off those flanges and weld on 4 bolt T04/T4 flange.

-Jonathan

It's not as hard as you think. When was the last time you actually took the time to look for some tri-T3 flanged turbos? They are not made by Greddy, as Greddy did not make any turbos with that kit, or any kit. Almost all turbo's Greddy used were Mitsubishi Heavy Industry turbos. Even some IHI turbos came in the three bolt flange IIRC. It would be cake to fabricate a DP for them too, given all you need is a standard three bolt flange for the T3 hotside. I bet I could find some three bolt flanged housings for my TD06-20G and TE06-24V and use them both together (although that would be entirely crazy), finding them is not the difficult part.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
<quote>
MDCmotorsports Ok what about these?

http://www.mkiiitech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=271

YES NO MAYBE SO???
</quote>

Now that's a HKS manifold I would buy from you. Make that and I'll be first in line. Assuming there is a line, and assuming there are enough people to form a line behind me in the first place, otherweise I'll just be the only person to buy one regardless MAKE ME ONE !
eric

Dziuggy

eurotrash
Mar 31, 2005
san francisco, ca
dziuggy.com
Silvermk2 said:
The believe the manifold he is talking about is different than the turbonetics and powerhouse copies. Those are the earlier short runner HKS 5M mk2 design. This is the later manifold;

http://www.supra-tech.com/images/HKS T04 Manifold 2.jpg

And if so I want one.

any updates i want one of these as well. been trying to source original one for a while. did you happen to find one MCD? sorry for resurecting the thread

C

cnewingham

I have one of the long runners that you are trying to get measurements. If still looking for this pm me. (and NO mine is NOT for sale)

Wreckless

Master Lurker
I'm not sure how financially practical it is, but if you could also cast additional wastegate adapter/tube/thingies (if you have one of the longrunner manifolds then you know what I'm talking about) but make optional ones with a vband flange instead of the 4-bolt for new wastegates like the Turbonetics newgen and the Tials.

Also, any idea what the finished product would cost?

CassMori

Boost Addict
MDCmotorsports said:
No update.

I JUST NOW FOUND A HKS LONG RUNNER THAT I CAN COPY. LOOK FOR THESE IN LATE SUMMER/CHRISTMAS OF 06'.

I'd love to have one also, & that'll probably be a convenient time period for me, financially - please let us know when you get them ready! Any idea where the price range will fall?