Highest street powered 7M un USA??

din904

Oct 25, 2010
Jacksonvile,FL.
Tony should be # 1 and anybody else who has proven numbers most of you guys don't realize how difficult it is to reach those numbers especially if your not even on the list to begin with. I wish those guys all the success in the world but you just don't get those kind of numbers overnight!

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Is Tony's car still active or is it mothball'd/apart? Same applies to every other car since this is about current runners/drivers. Always like watching the "7M love" video with him vs Ryan. Wonderful noises, I say.

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
din904;1992652 said:
most of you guys don't realize how difficult it is to reach those numbers especially if your not even on the list to begin with.

Hence why I started the thread in the first place. I WILL be on the list, just don't know where till Friday. Like toyo said, this is also not knowing if these cars have been changed or discontinued. Nates is over 7 years old now, idk on Tonys and ice seen the DLT in person.

1. Tony @ 1154
2. DLT @ 855
3. Nate @ 843
4. ???
5. ???

Honorable mentions:

Duane @ 1015
Steven @ ???
Negativegeforce @ ???

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
Not sure what im gonna put down to be honest. Its gonna be somewhere north of 1,000whp though. Im starting with a BWS366 and probably go up to a T4 BWS400 sometime this year. The goal is to make it a street car so if I feel the S400 is too laggy im not gonna run it long term. I will probably settle with the BWS366 with around 800whp.

Engine machine work is all done so I will be putting that together shortly. Still tons of work left though on my car. Might be a few more months for me.

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
I doubt ill make your power levels but i should make the top 5 in the USA (for now) and top 10 in the world:

CP .020 coated pistons
Crower rods
OEM crank
OEM main caps
TMS v2 race head
BC 272 cams
COMP oiless GT43 74/79 .96 a/r
KSR FFIM
KSR 90MM TB
mishimoto R-line IC
3" IC piping
tial 50MM BOV
tial 46MM WG
3.5" exhaust through BIC catback
RC 1200
dual walbro 400
10 AN lines
LIPP dual 6 AN rail
E85

supported by:

crawler R154
DM 3.5 in. Driveshaft w/ 1350 U-Joints
Weir diff
SPEC twin disk SS trim

so on Friday when Serious HP dyno's my car im thinking (and hoping) to take the #2 spot behind tony until you and Steven finish which pushes me to #4 or 5 if you count North America as a whole...this is of course assuming Nate and DLT havent changed setups.

Last edited:

din904

Oct 25, 2010
Jacksonvile,FL.
One thing that is going to limit the power you make is the size of your injectors if you plan on making 1000hp plus on e85 your going to need bigger injectors plus you'll need to add or upgrade your fuel pumps. Also I hope your are running larger wrist pins the standard .150 pins are rated at 750hp at the flywheel according to cp. I look forward to seeing your dyno sheet just don't get in a rush to make big power it usually doesn't end well. Good luck

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
din904;1992767 said:
One thing that is going to limit the power you make is the size of your injectors if you plan on making 1000hp plus on e85 your going to need bigger injectors plus you'll need to add or upgrade your fuel pumps. Also I hope your are running larger wrist pins the standard .150 pins are rated at 750hp at the flywheel according to cp. I look forward to seeing your dyno sheet just don't get in a rush to make big power it usually doesn't end well. Good luck

Yeah I know the fuel system is shy for the 1000 whp mark, but not a hard fix. 2000+cc injectors and an out of tank fuel pump working with the currrnt walbros is in store for when I'm ready. My current goal was high 800/low 900 and I think I can make it on current setup. I'm not sure on the wrist pins though, I don't know what was used.

FernandoDLT;1992805 said:
Going to a more aggressive turbo for TX2K. Should be right at the same power level.

Thanks for the update, ill be seeing you at the 2K. Not hard to find the mk3s lol. There was only 7 last year

din904

Oct 25, 2010
Jacksonvile,FL.
I hate to say it but it looks like you have the standard pins. I think cp is being conservative with there ratings but I wouldn't push more than 750rwhp on a regular basis with those pins severals guys have destroyed there motors with the standard pins at the 850rwhp level and others have run up to 800rwhp with no problems I guess it's just a judgement call on how far you are willing to push limits.

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
I'm sure for tmrw its going to see those numbers as well as often on the TX 2K weekend. But for the most part it is a street car so unless racing it will rarely see the max HP levels. I'm using a flex fuel sensor and two tunes so it will most likely be 93 octane 90% of the time until race time and e85 is used. The 93 octane tune will be closer to 650ish. besides its first 2 weeks of life it should be steady going until I can find time to change to 9310s but I can't even seem to find just the pins for sale.

din904

Oct 25, 2010
Jacksonvile,FL.
This is the part number 866-2250-20CP3C for the ones I'm running cp rates them 1100 hp at the flywheel. I Had my motor completely built with the standard pins and had to take it back apart
just to change the pins luckily it wasn't in the car yet. I was on the fence about changing them but I have so much money tide up in the engine I would hate to break a pin. you'll probably be ok just don't push it to far. Let us know how you do on dyno day.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
What coating is that on the pistons?

I'm planning on running ross pistons with ceramic coated tops and teflon coated skirts on stress relieved pauter rods going to a micro polished knife edged and balanced crank.

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
din904;1992904 said:
This is the part number 866-2250-20CP3C. you'll probably be ok just don't push it to far. Let us know how you do on dyno day.

Are you .020 over as well? If so then it should be the exact same for me. I'm not sure if the coating will matter also. I will be changing them later this year so i will just have them de-tune to around 750 whp. Thank you for mentioning them you literally just saved my engine most likely.

IndigoMKII;1992912 said:
What coating is that on the pistons?

CP does the coating, they were ordered that way. I'm just using a balanced OEM crank, nothing special

Last edited:

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Din904, details on your build? Numbers?

ThunderZTA;1992890 said:
I'm sure for tmrw its going to see those numbers as well as often on the TX 2K weekend. But for the most part it is a street car so unless racing it will rarely see the max HP levels. I'm using a flex fuel sensor and two tunes so it will most likely be 93 octane 90% of the time until race time and e85 is used. The 93 octane tune will be closer to 650ish. besides its first 2 weeks of life it should be steady going until I can find time to change to 9310s but I can't even seem to find just the pins for sale.

Well let us know how you do. Good luck!

Fernando

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
Fernando, I'm gonna ask to de-tune the car for now. There isn't enough time to change the pins. Can DLT change them if I bring yall the engine?

din904

Oct 25, 2010
Jacksonvile,FL.
Yes my piston are .020 over. Size or coating does not matter same pin for all of them including cp 2jzgte pistons. Just be carful at the track running high boost and launching hard and reving high that's where you experience high loads I won't mention detonation that shouldn't happen with a good tune. I hope everything turns out well for you!

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
din904;1992958 said:
Yes my piston are .020 over. Size or coating does not matter same pin fo all of them including cp 2jzgte pistons. Just be carful at the track running high boost and launching hard and reving high that's where you experience high loads I won't mention detonation that shouldn't happen with a good tune. I hope everything turns out well for you!

I wont be at the track probabaly at all, most of my racing is from a roll so no worries there. Thank you again for catching the weak point in engine! Ill wait to do my write-up till after I change the pins. I doubt 750-785 whp is worth it