highest boost ran on a jdm 7m safely?

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
figgie said:
dude that is a contradiction in and onto itself

if the rear wheels get more power. how the fuck is it NOT going to get more power to the ground????

Do you understand putting power to the ground? Apparently not. Spoken like a guy who doesn't have much drag racing experience.

You're so far off the mark and so sure your right I don't even know where to start with you besides which judging by your attitude you wouldn't listen anyway.

In future you might want to have some idea of what you're talking about before you get arrogant. You might be able to fool some of the younger inexperienced members with your attitude but anybody who knows what they're talking about can see right through you.

Last edited:

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
SuprAng said:
LOL, ok ill play your game...

soooo BIG turbos put more power to the rear wheels... not necessarily to the ground...

therefore we shouldnt even run turbos :icon_conf

I didn't say you shouldn't run sticks or "big turbos". I just was trying to point out that there is a difference between horsepower to the rr wheels and horsepower to the ground.

The fact is that in the article in the thread the writer mistakenly (or ignorantly as the case may be) claims that sticks put more hp to the ground- not necessarily true. Get it? Sorry bro it's a fact.

Hope I didn't upset your delicate sensibilities.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
ferny said:
lets say if i get a good headgasket. and get a nice fmic
downpipe.full 3 inch exhaust piping and a nice muff
whats the most i can run on boost safely on 91 octane?
and around what numbers would i be looking at in hp and in torque and what rpms.
if anyone could help i would really appreciate it. thank you. :icon_bigg

While your post leaves a lot of different variables in question, I'll try to give you something of an answer. You should be able to up the boost to roughly 12-14psi. At which point you will hit fuel cut. Horsepower at that point should be somewhere around 276-336rwhp respectively. The actual numbers will vary based on atmospheric conditions such a temperature and humidity, as well as the condition of you engine components. Also attempting to circumvent fuel cut with out upgrading the fuel system is not advisable. While it is possible to do so with a FCD, you will be exceeding the safety range of the stock fuel system.