High WHP on stock internals

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
you'd be better off with a standalone. It's very likely, to be cheaper in the long run (IE: 5 piggybacks for 5 different things + a blown motor).

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
hottscennessey;1490852 said:
you'd be better off with a standalone. It's very likely, to be cheaper in the long run (IE: 5 piggybacks for 5 different things + a blown motor).

You guys always make me feel like I'm playing with a grenade with a loose pin...:aigo:

...kinda makes me feel rebellious, too...

James crispDean...

-crisp

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
MA71_Static;1490830 said:
Does the MAFT Pro have timing control or do I need an ITC?

The later firmware versions for the Maft incorporate timing control. That feature is still getting the kinks worked out.

grimreaper has been toying with it for some time. If he sees this question, I'm sure he'll chime in.

crisp: What device are you tracking/calculating duty cycle with?

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
crisp;1490870 said:
You guys always make me feel like I'm playing with a grenade with a loose pin...:aigo:

LOL sorry. I had piggybacks on my 7M, never had any issues. It just really made me think when I went to a standalone, and saw how much control I really had, and how much I left to chance/question when i was on the stock ECU.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
CajunKenny;1490873 said:
crisp: What device are you tracking/calculating duty cycle with?

HKS IPM.;)

Don't know if it's that accurate a read... but it has the alarm function at 5% intervals. I usually set it at 80% and don't mind if it JUST BLIPS once in awhile under full load at RICH AFR's. I play it pretty safe.

If the AFPR is dialed UP a little on base, it lets me pull back the alarm and still not hit it. The GCC lets me "trim" for these adjustments, and VPC "gain" is my "master dial" I use to pull the whole thing up/down a couple percent on the full curve.

Don't really know much about these things... but that's about how I'd describe how I "fiddle" with the set.

Don't have meth/water to complicate the equation yet... but it's interesting enough as it is!

-crisp

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks. I've been toying with building a small device to monitor injector pulse duration. We'll see...

Yeah, I remember watching your afr's in one of your vids. ~10.4....yeah, you play it safe. ;)

You know what they say: It's better to be rich and retarded than lean and broke. :)

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
timing monitor works great as well as timing control on the maft-pro. It is a piggy back and should be tuned like one (keeping limitations in mind at all times!). Its quite in depth though with ve tables, ebc, timing monitor/control, maf/map conversion and other little +'s. Its as close to a standalone as your going to get in one unit. The piggy back isnt the draw back, the stock tccs is :).

I agree with hottscennessey though in the need for total control. The more i tune and tweak with the piggy back the more i want total control. To many little quirks about our tccs to be 100% that your tune is stable and consistent. Haltech or EMS is next for me...

Dont get me wrong, the maft pro is working great for my current needs and should for most. I find it hard to just "stop" with certain things though :D. Never ending desires/wants/needs lol..

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
/\ Has anyone been able to get the timing control to work on the Maft-pro? And if the timing monitor is working, how much timing are you all seeing at full throttle?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ yes both work great. Ive seen as high as 20-21* above 5500 to redline(i pull 5* to combat that though)... Usually right around 12-13* from 4500-5500. Below that its in the 20-25* range most of the time until it drops below boost ranges.

gobutai

Dec 22, 2009
TX
wow, those are some good numbers posted on the previous pages. this is main reason i'm probably going to work with the 7MGTE - they really do get decent #s!