High WHP on stock internals

I just want to know who's putting down good numbers on stock 7M internals, I have a few turbo's laying around and want to know which one to run and what other people are seeing on a comparable turbo, maybe get some feedback from them and pics haha. Also how reliable are these 7m's that have bolt ons and make 400+ WHP??

Wow so they are out there, I'm in this debate about the 7m being unreliable at higher horsepower on stock internals (as in if it makes more than 500WHP its only good for that one dyno run and is gonna blow) and am doing what I can to defend it. This isn't the first post on this subject I know but its more recent lol. Theres a guy at this car meet in my town who was all for the 7m before and after he went 2JZ-GE (N/A-T) in his MKIII he says its the most unreliable engine ever concieved and telling other members to swap it out cause the 7m will never make good power even when built and I'm telling them it can make good power if built or modded correctly.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
MA71_Static;1478412 said:
Wow so they are out there, I'm in this debate about the 7m being unreliable at higher horsepower on stock internals (as in if it makes more than 500WHP its only good for that one dyno run and is gonna blow) and am doing what I can to defend it. This isn't the first post on this subject I know but its more recent lol. Theres a guy at this car meet in my town who was all for the 7m before and after he went 2JZ-GE (N/A-T) in his MKIII he says its the most unreliable engine ever concieved and telling other members to swap it out cause the 7m will never make good power even when built and I'm telling them it can make good power if built or modded correctly.

just smile at the guy and let him make an ass of him self. Your going to run in circles as many have on here with the 7m/jz debate.

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
yea like some ppl no matter what facts you bring to them, its just still pointless. Thats when you just build up a 7m and bust their ass with it, and then see what they have to say.

Thats pretty much the only reason why i have a 2jzgte sitting in my garage but im still buying parts for my 7m instead of swap parts because i have a point to prove to certain individuals.

Get a mhg installed correctly ( take out, take apart and get the block and head machined) slap on a master power t70, get the right amount of fuel and a good tune and run circles around him

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Who cares what motor is better. Do what makes YOU happy. Don't mod your cars to shut others up.

For Christ's sake, drjonez made 500+ on a stock block for years. Tune is the key, and attention to detail as IJ. stated.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
I personally love the design of the MKIII Supra as to what motor it depends on what you like 7M's are nice, 1JZ's are nice, 2JZ's are nice to..

I would like to own 3 '92 Teal Supra's with a 7m,1jz,2jz. :)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Tekdeus is making 515+ on a MHG, ARP's, Water/Meth, a tune, and stock internals.

And from what I hear, he drives it like he stole it!

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
You nooblings have to understand one thing.

An internally stock 7M is capable of producing numbers that 95% of other motors couldn't even imagine making. You have to keep one thing in mind, technology and design will always have a variance. M series motors have been around for decades longer than most of you have even been alive - So, there's no reason to debate 7M vs JZ.
It's all about what YOU want.

7M owners have proven themselves time and time again,
so be a good owner, take care of it, use quality parts and be that next person to take the 7M to the next level.

I remember the days of people arguing "anything much over 400hp is a 7M's max"...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
95% of the 7M fail is caused by the owners.

Kids get these cars that have had little to no servicing done for the past 10>15 years bump the timing bump the boost then wail on them like they're Paul Walker and wonder why they grenade.....

Then we hear the classic "I'm doing a 1J swap" like that will magically end their stupidity and is the cure all for the weak failure prone 7M....

If people ask which engine I'd go for without hesitation I say 2J, the reasons behind this are many but the main ones are
a) most people don't have the budget, skills, patience, dedication to do the engine justice.

b) The 2J is a better design being an evolution of the 7M

c) ANY 2J you get is going to be a lot younger so there's a chance of getting one that has a hard head, forget the "JDM 40K only" motor bullshit it's a myth.

d) It's a square 3.0L engine

e) Unlimited aftermarket support, while there are a lot of parts available for the 7M these day's you're paying a premium for something that's niche and limited production.

f) If you have the qualities listed in a) you CAN do this V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B1uqQWdw6A&feature=related

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
IJ is right....Not because I run a 2jz,because all of the above statements.
I have a lot of respect for the 7M! I enjoyed that motor for 4 years at about
450 whp level. There wouldn't be any 1jz or 2jz motors if there wasn't the
M series motors around for decades. The 7M-GTE is the best/high tech of them
and ofcaurse the most powerfull !

Big thumbs up to Sean who made such a big power on a stock 7M !!!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Did anyone notice that guy holding the blue jacket (or whatever it is) trying to be manly by not covering his ears? Then at around 8.5k he buckles. What a dork. :3d_frown: