High Volume Oil Pan

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
I was wondering if it would be worth getting. Also where I might be able to get one.

I hit a rock a while back and wound up with a gnarly dent in my oil pan. So if I have to change it out anyway I might as well upgrade.

I'll have to get a pic of it later to see if you guys think it might have hit my pump.

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
Alright, I kinda figured that it was a custom deal. I'm a bit of a do-it-yourself'er so I might have to see if I can get a hold of a tig welder and make something up.

Sawbladz - if I can find one that might be a good idea. do you have any idea how much bigger it is?

So here are the pics of my fubar'd oil pan as it is right now. All the oil is coming from the seal, I need to redo that at the very least, even if I just bang this dent out. Surprisingly the rock didn't poke a hole in the pan.

You can see where the rock nailed the cross member as well.
oilpan01dy1.jpg

oilpan02xs8.jpg

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
drjones mods your current pan for more volume... im not sure if hes still doing it but i saw its offered over there at mkiiitech.com drop dr. j a line

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
The Group A pan was made from cast magnesium and had a capacity of 9 litres. I seriously doubt that you would be able to find one.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
I also am in the middle of developing a welded sheet metal oil pan that can be purchased off the shelf. May even do some aluminum ones.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
hot damn. how did I miss your post, Adam?
I now remember that you made yours. what a dummy I am.

Is the small kickout on the LH side for the reason of the drainplug or is it for clearance? I'd like the same thing that's on the right side of it on the left.

what's the bung on the little wing for? temp sensor?

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
supra90turbo said:
Rich: Make it look and work like this with kickouts on both sides:

mor-21805.jpg

and i'm in.

No, mine is going to be made 100% from scratch. That moroso is a stock style with a weld on deeper sump also.

the one I am making for my car is billet aluminum sheet with a deeper sump. I am going to move the pick-up on the oil pump to sit deeper to match my pan.

After mine is done, I a going to make steel ones for sale. No need to send in your pan.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
supra90turbo said:
hot damn. how did I miss your post, Adam?
I now remember that you made yours. what a dummy I am.

i didn't make it, had it done.

supra90turbo said:
Is the small kickout on the LH side for the reason of the drainplug or is it for clearance? I'd like the same thing that's on the right side of it on the left.

IIRC it was just the drain plug....then again, i haven't been under my car in a while...

supra90turbo said:
what's the bung on the little wing for? temp sensor?

bungs are for temp gauge. they can be added for an additional fee...

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
starscream5000 said:
Adam, do you need a core? About how much extra oil can be put in the pan with this mod? 1-1.5 qts.?

yup, we'll need a core.

no clue about the added capacity...i didn't check :3d_frown: IIRC i have about 7 qts in mine currently....