High flow CT26 max PSI?

Strider

Jun 29, 2008
Perth, Western Australia
Hey guys, as you might have read in some of my previous posts my Turbo-A is being rebuilt.

Its all built up right now and making 230hp at the wheels stock boost.

Its being tuned at the moment and upping the boost.

Now I've been reading around and it seems the AFM and stock ECU are an issue I'm not going to have to worry about as I don't have them.

And I've also noticed my CT26 has a much larger compressor wheel, it looks like a CT26 with a T04E wheel, but its actually just the unique Turbo-A CT26 with an E on it. My assumption is that a modded high flowed CT26 and the Turbo-A CT26 may well share similar traits.

My question is, has anyone high flowed their CT26 and what kind of PSI are you running through it, it'd be a good reference for my tuner.

ct26-12131.jpg

Mine looks almost identical to the one of the left.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
kind of hard to say on the PSI front. Flow front, should be easy to calculate.

Literally spin the turbo and measure the volume of air it is pushing. Of course need the right equipment to do that!

Mk3Les

For what it's worth I'm running a "TurboA" turbo on my car when I took it in to be tuned we noticed that there was bugger all difference between 14psi and 16psi so it was left at 14psi. As long as your motor is healthy I'd try turning it up to around 14psi and see how you go from there yours may do better but I really dont think they are much good over that.

Good luck

Strider

Jun 29, 2008
Perth, Western Australia
Mk3Les;1092611 said:
For what it's worth I'm running a "TurboA" turbo on my car when I took it in to be tuned we noticed that there was bugger all difference between 14psi and 16psi so it was left at 14psi. As long as your motor is healthy I'd try turning it up to around 14psi and see how you go from there yours may do better but I really dont think they are much good over that.

Good luck

Ah okay, well we are going to dial in 14psi, plus the engine has had most major components replaced in the last 10,000km plus its getting a mhg and arp studs, so it'll take it pretty easy.

Might see if it can do 16psi, see if the lack of an AFM makes it more usable.

Strider

Jun 29, 2008
Perth, Western Australia
IJ.;1093350 said:
Be a really good idea to log intake temps when going from 14 to 16.

Yeh its being treated pretty meticulously by the mechanic I've taken it to, he said he'd be doing lots of readings while tuning it.

However thanks, I will note that.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Also when doing the MHG ensure that all fluid is properly drained... I think that's the biggest nono i've read about how people put on a metal head gasket but even the slightest contamination of water is enough to give them the BHG. be wise, patient and do it once, do it right. ;)