High Beam and Fog Light Issues After HID Retrofit

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
drogon;1982922 said:
Silver Mk3 did you try the EBay H4 Warning Error Canceller? If so did it work for getting the hi-beam indicator working ? I currently have the same problem will buy it if it works.

I have not yet but I plan to very soon. I will update this with the results when I try it.

jetjock;1982908 said:
Been a while since I looked but iirc there's all sorts of bad with that link, one of which is how the lamp load ends up being on a control circuit. What happens when kids with enough electrical knowledge to be dangerous make things "better"...

3p141592654;1982923 said:
That link has you cutting the 15A fog light circuit that's dedicated to powering the fogs and replacing it with the TAIL circuit, which was not designed for a 110W fog light load. There's more, but that's the worst of it.

Nick M;1982999 said:
I remember that "tech" story. I quit reading after they brought up finding the fog lamp relay.

Alright, that makes sense. Thanks for the responses guys, I would have followed that link had I not known. What is the preferred way to rewire the foglights?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
3p141592654;1983067 said:
This writeup is correct, but leaves the relay connection a bit vague.

http://the-ish.com/supra/?p=13

I would clarify by saying connect the red-black wire of the fog relay to the 15A Cig circuit (Blue with red stripe) in the left kick panel if you want the fogs to behave like DRLs.

Sorry about the late reply and thanks for the link. I think they changed the color of the wires in 89 and my car is an 87 so I assume I could just cross reference the wire colors correct? They are still wired in the same fashion I would assume, just with different colors?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
drogon;1982922 said:
Silver Mk3 did you try the EBay H4 Warning Error Canceller? If so did it work for getting the hi-beam indicator working ? I currently have the same problem will buy it if it works.

Hey, I got to try it out today and it did not solve the issue with the high beam indicator. I'm not to worried about this since its really easy to tell when the high beams are on with the projectors.

Now I just need to rewire the fog lights. I want to do it, but am a little hesitant because I don't like working with wiring. I'm always afraid I'm going to mess it up.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Silver MK3;1984249 said:
Hey, I got to try it out today and it did not solve the issue with the high beam indicator. I'm not to worried about this since its really easy to tell when the high beams are on with the projectors.

Now I just need to rewire the fog lights. I want to do it, but am a little hesitant because I don't like working with wiring. I'm always afraid I'm going to mess it up.

Damn I was really hoping it would work o well. Thanks for lettting me know! Im on the same boat i also feel really lazy when I read the write up and said you needed get to the relay and saw the location lol. But it looks so good.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
drogon;1984254 said:
Damn I was really hoping it would work o well. Thanks for lettting me know! Im on the same boat i also feel really lazy when I read the write up and said you needed get to the relay and saw the location lol. But it looks so good.

Yeah I was too, at least it was only $10. I'm glad at least two of us didn't waste our money.