Hi New to the Supra.Virginia

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
Hi my name is Matt I am in Broadway Va. I just recently finished getting my 87 MR2 where wanted it to be with a newly swapped in 4AGZE and was looking for another project car. An 89 Supra N/A Targa top came up for sale locally and I bought it to tinker around with. The previous owner is claiming the motor is siezed up but he does not know that for sure. Apparently his son was driving it home and it just quit on him and would not start back up. So someone told the owner that the motor must be locked up. I did not have any tools when I went to look at it to see if the motor would spin. So I am taking a chance on it. But she was beautiful....and cheap and could not say no to her. Anyway I look forward to jumping into the forum and get to know you all and the supra better. Matt

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
Here is a pic.

p827131_1.jpg

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
Thanks. I pick it up Monday the rental place is all out of car dollies today. The interior is dirty and will need a good cleaning. I am hoping its not a serious issue with the motor and can get it running again without much effort. If it is dead well then I will come up with a cool plan to bring it back to life again.

I met a group of supra people in 2006 on a cruise on Skyline Drive. We were invited to join on MR2OC and me and 3 other MR2's showed up. If anyone from that group is on here I was driving the white MK1 MR2. I since sold that car and brought a black 87 MK1 MR2 back to life.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
welcome! nice find, the car seems to be in great condition...except the motor.
+1 for trying to bring her back to life.