Hi! New to site...

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
Hi everyone, I was looking for a source of information a little more focused on Mk3 Supras, and then I ran across this forum. Anyways, I'm Charlie, and I'm from Colorado Springs, CO:wave:. I have a 1987 Supra Turbo that right now is basically stock.... but I hope to fix that, soon, lol. Just thought I'd introduce myself. Anyone else on here from Southern CO?

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
You certainly picked the right forum. It should provide you with enough resources to find whatever you need.

IIRC, there are a few others in CO Springs.

Oh yeah, post some pics of your Sup!

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
It looks like I came to the right place. Here are some pics, as requested:

Paint has seen better days, as you can see... compliments of the previous owner
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Interior isn't bad, though
sm_photo_missing.jpg

All in all, I do love this car. Has 144,000 miles, runs great. Needs some suspension work, head gasket probably won't last the summer, needs a new brake master cyl., and paint is also in the near future! Wouldn't trade it for much else!

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
MkIIIentropy said:
head gasket probably won't last the summer, needs a new brake master cyl., and paint is also in the near future!

With a little preventative maintainance, the HG will last longer. Look up headbolt retorque.
At least your body doesn't have any major damage. :icon_mad:
Wouldn't trade it for much else!

Thats how we all felt intially... ;)

Good luck with the car.

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
I've had the Supra for awhile, actually, like 2 years, almost.... but I understand what you mean, lol. I really haven't given it a reason to break, yet. I want to do the metal head gasket anyways, so I'll probably try undertaking that in a month or two, then I can focus on some more power!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Welcome Mr. Tropy. Hopefully you will find what you need while surfing this site. Even if you don't need anything, it's a great place to just kill some time.

Jay

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
Thanks everyone! So far seems like a great place! The paint isn't awful, I guess, but it didn't stick real well to the plastic, and it appears to have been in an accident on the RF fender/door, where the clear coat wasn't to keen on sticking, lol.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
my bumpers did the same thing. the rest of the car looks to be in good shape though. welcome aboard, and stay as long as you want.

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
Really not too bad for 20 years old.... still can't believe its 20 this June, wow. My tax refund should give me a good start on it. Some repairs, but I want to upgrade the IC piping and then get an electric fan. Nothing too major quite yet!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
MkIIIentropy said:
Really not too bad for 20 years old.... still can't believe its 20 this June, wow. My tax refund should give me a good start on it. Some repairs, but I want to upgrade the IC piping and then get an electric fan. Nothing too major quite yet!

You're best bet right off the bat for power is probably to get rid of the stock turbo elbow, that thing is a bottle neck if I've ever seen one ;). Try this item for a replacement elbow: http://www.suprasport.com/Elbows_c_46-1.html but it's kinda hard to find a downpipe for it that's actually 3" (most start out as 2.5", then go to 3")... Ah! Here's one: http://www.suprasport.com/Elbows_c_46-1.html

Or you can get a downpipe with an integrated elbow like these: http://www.cooleeze.com/browse.php (shop around for better pricing on that one, got mine for $280.00) or this: http://www.cooleeze.com/browse.php (a few to choose from on this site).

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
entropy, that looks like a solid platform to start building on, that'll be one fine ride when you're done with it. What colour are you going to repaint it?

*COUGH* white *COUGH*

:icon_bigg

Welcome to the forums :biglaugh:

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
Well, as far as paint goes, I was thinking about burgundy again, but I would love a pearl white Supra!