Hi Guys - DeSloths Downunder MA70

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Hey everyone, just an A70 owner from Brisbane, QLD, Australia looking to say hi. :icon_bigg

I have been a reader of these forums for a little while, but I got around to registering and actually purchasing a supra a short time ago! :)

These forums have been a huge help already so I thought I would introduce myself and my car.

She is a 10/88 Aus delivered MA70 (er... MA71) with 5spd & 7M-GTE. Car was in really good condition and I have pretty much all the factory items which have been removed (inc. stereo!)

Had aftermarket wheels and a few light performance mods:

Apexi Shocks
K&N Airfilter
Trust Intercooler
Turbosmart Boost Controller
3" Stainless Exhaust

The car will be an on-going project, fixing things as they break or as I feel the need. No plans to increase performance at this point - I am on a tight budget (full-time uni student), and it is already easily the fastest car I have owned.

I'll post some updates in the build thread as things progress.

Anyway, that is enough blabbing - we all want pictures!

p712785_1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------
For my own benifit, have added a list of long and short term project goals (I will edit this as I feel the need :p)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Short Term:
Paint Mouldings
Rear Carpets
Fix Minor Paint defects
Adjust coilover settings to something much less horrid.
Sound Deadening
Audio Install
Alarm Install + GPS Tracking
Polish 3000 pipe, intake manifold, and cam covers.
Intercooler Blockoff plate

Long Term:
Machine Solid Engine Mounts
Big Brake Upgrade (wilwood front, mk4 rear?)
~400 rwhp engine rebuild / modifications
Body mods - Kaminari Skirts + bomex rear pods
Custom rear diffuser

Last edited:

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Welcome to SM. Nice to see another Aussie on here. Members "IJ" and "LilMissMKIII" are on here from Australia as well.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Welcome, for SURE!;)

...what a BEAUTIFUL looking RIDE!:aigo:

MORE PICS!:biglaugh:

-crisp

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
Oi! Nice to meet ya mate! I almost moved to Australia a few years ago. Wish I had still....lol I had a aussie stalker girl, so didnt go...so she came here and stalked me. LMAO

Anyways, Nice car. Looks very clean. Welcome to the forum.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
AaronsSupraMKIII said:
I had a aussie stalker girl, so didnt go...so she came here and stalked me. LMAO

Your the second person to tell me about having an ausse staler girl come to the states to find them. My other friend had to move and change his phone number to get away.

VERY nice lookin car BTW.

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
Ckanderson said:
Your the second person to tell me about having an ausse staler girl come to the states to find them. My other friend had to move and change his phone number to get away.

Thank god I moved to Alabama before she got here..lmao But my poor parents had to deal with her for awhile. She showed up there with without enough money to get home. Her plan was to talk me in to marrying her. She stayed with them for about a month till they saved enough money to stick her ass on a plane. That girl had some real issues. I still want to go to OZ though. :)

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
AaronsSupraMKIII said:
She stayed with them for about a month till they saved enough money to stick her ass on a plane.

Screw that. I hope they didn't send her back here! :icon_conf

And thanks for the warm welcome gents. :)

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
DeSloth said:
Screw that. I hope they didn't send her back here! :icon_conf

And thanks for the warm welcome gents. :)

Yeah they did. She is back in Kurri Kurri NSW. BTW after she was gone they discovered that my moms opal necklace was gone, and they got a $1,500.00 phone bill were she called australia all day while they were at work. :nono:

Every country has some bad apples. I would still love to have an aussie chick..or two.:naughty: If my work visa would have gone through I would be living in Sydney right now.

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
I will actually have to check up on the rims. They were on the car when purchased, as lame as that sounds.

Last edited: