Hi from Iowa

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Hi SM my name is Logan and I'm just a broke college student with a passion for cars and computers. I've been looking at the forums for about a year now, just never made an account. Now I'm finally getting ready to roll on my first 7m project and wanted to get a more knowledge and ready to learn so here I am . Bought my car last march march from a guy in AZ 139k miles haven't had time to do much with college but last owner didn't know anything about torquing a head down evenly so figure i'll rebuild it while its out. Anyway this is my car... Not a fan of the rims but hey mechanical issues first right :p

supra.jpg

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Welcome fellow Iowan! Theres a couple of us floating around the forum. Good looking car! Good luck with your future plans!

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Thanks! I've only seen 2 so far one mk4 that was just passing through a pretty rough Mk3 N/A. Gotta say its nice having a car only a few people in the state know anything about or so it seems like that :p

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
maxburn;1986894 said:
Thanks! I've only seen 2 so far one mk4 that was just passing through a pretty rough Mk3 N/A. Gotta say its nice having a car only a few people in the state know anything about or so it seems like that :p

What city are you from?

We have a handful of supra's in Des Moines. 1 highly modded mk iv, 2 highly modded 7m mk iii cars, 1 bpu 1jz mk iii, my car, my brothers highly modded 7m mk ii supra, and a 2jzgte mk ii supra.

I'm guessing your from either Cedar Falls, Iowa City or L(Ames) ;).

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Well currently in Ames for college but I'm from Eddyville down by Oskaloosa and Ottumwa. I didn't bring my car to college namely because I've lost my license for 3 months (oops)

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
maxburn;1986896 said:
Well currently in Ames for college but I'm from Eddyville down by Oskaloosa and Ottumwa. I didn't bring my car to college namely because I've lost my license for 3 months (oops)

Opps lol. Happens to the best of us ;). My fiance went to ISU went we first met. Definitely a fun city! I know theres a mk iv in Oskaloosa. It was RED N/A and now is turboed. If you've got Facebook look me up if you want. My names Matt Brobston.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
That's the one! Yea.. Always wanted to see what was doing with that thing haha. I got my ticket a week after I got my supra speedometer cable broke on me coming back. Cop said he clocked me at 103 in a 55 but I'm not really sure it didn't seem like I was pushing it very hard...

Also wanted to say I've gotten my fill of tickets so going to check out that road course on the west side of the state this summer (If my motor is done by then)

Last edited:

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
maxburn;1986899 said:
That's the one! Yea.. Always wanted to see what was doing with that thing haha. I got my ticket a week after I got my supra speedometer cable broke on me coming back. Cop said he clocked me at 103 in a 55 but I'm not really sure it didn't seem like I was pushing it very hard...

Also wanted to say I've gotten my fill of tickets so going to check out that road course on the west side of the state this summer (If my motor is done by then)

At that speed I would of definitely wanted to see the radar gun lol. I haven't had a speedo since I did my 3 speed swap. I just rely on GPS now :)

MAM is definitely a good time! If you haven't been i'd definitely suggestion going to the ice cream cruise in omaha. This year the date is august 9th. They had 2000 cars last year.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Yeah I got a lawyer who got it knocked down to 83 in a 55 otherwise my ass would be without a license for 360 days... My plan right now is to send the motor to a good shop to get prepped for MHG and I'm going to put forged internals in it I just want it to be as reliable as I can make it. Oh and you guys have way more nice cars up there than I've seen in my area.. ever lol

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Welcome. as matt was saying, I am one of the mk3 7m owners. when do you get your license reinstated? Always cool to have another supra out and about here. if you have your car out this summer you should come to des moines and join us for a few meets.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Looks like a clean car. I'm not a fan of the wheels either, but if they are new you should be able to sell them for something and get ones you like better.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Hopefully the dot will stop messing around and start my suspension but I'm hoping by about April. Also that would be really cool to meet other supra owners I was starting to worry I had the only mk3 in the state 0.0 . And yeah I'm definitely selling these rims for some nice ones soon

Last edited:

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Thanks shes got a few issues with missing trim or trim starting to separate but overall no dents or serious body issues the minor stuff ill fix after I get the engine done so I'm pretty happy. Just want to straighten out the mickey mouse crap the previous owner did with the motor haha =/

Last edited:

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
Yeah that's always fun. My car was practically a shell when I got it. The owner bought it from a junkyard and was going to put a Chevy v8 in and drag race....it took me 3 year to make it road worthy. You're starting with what looks to be a much better platform that most.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Yeah it took me a while to find it and I had to drive 3200 miles round trip to Yuma ... not that I minded I got to drive the car the entire way back :p Yeah I'm going to do my best to take care of the car and slowly bring out its potential as I go.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
maxburn;1987011 said:
Yeah it took me a while to find it and I had to drive 3200 miles round trip to Yuma ... not that I minded I got to drive the car the entire way back :p Yeah I'm going to do my best to take care of the car and slowly bring out its potential as I go.

Looked at those wheels...Ewww :3d_frown: I drove my 89 back from Cali to MS. Hard to find clean MK3's. What color is that?

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Yea the wheels are U-G-L-Y Gunmetal grey i think its been repainted by I think the 3rd owner? Not sure haha. I really like that deep red on your car too looks really nice!