hi everyone..

ryannelson91

Jan 10, 2013
Lynnwood, WA
i was never really into cars until a couple years ago, i knew the jist of a car and the basic i dea of how they work i drive a lincoln towncar as my first couple cars and was more into the audio. ive always had jobs that involved working on cars (tire centers, lube shops, auto parts, toyota school/dealership). but a couple of my friends have japanese cars, so i slowly got interested in how they work more in depth, went to a few meets with them and decided i would save for a supra :)

ive had my mk3 n/a w58 since about august of 2011, and it is my first supra and had a lot of fun learning about it while i got used to the feel. and ever since ive been intensivly studying automotive technology.

a few months after i got it it had a rod knock (cus i was dummy and ran it fairly low on oil for too long :/) but the knock seemed to be at the head.

after that happened i was convinced to get a used engine so i bought a jdm one with about 50,000 miles on it. it was a n/a that was originally an auto but i have a w58, so i switched the harness and everything else i needed to complete the swap, blah, blah, blah. since i got it i have been doing little things to it here and there.

i decided i wanted to do something more, and ive always wanted a mk4, so i did it to my mk3.i studied this swap and decided to get a 2jzgte and an r154. (around october 2012 i started the swap). i could go into details about it but its kind of pointless. as far as it stands now (january 2013) all i have left to do is exhaust.

so thats my story..

i just want to make an introduction as ive already learned a lot through this forum.

so ive been posting just trying to help with what i know and what ive experienced personally. so please let me know what you think of how i post or if something i state is incorrect. but i will not make an ass of myself or say anything that obviously absurd or incorrect

excited to be in the forum. thanks!!

Last edited:

ryannelson91

Jan 10, 2013
Lynnwood, WA
my exhaust parts waiting to be welded up
exhaust.jpg

engine4.jpg

from when the 7m came out
engine2.jpg

engine.jpg

when i first got the car
chrome whels.jpg

workin on the jz
engine 3.jpg

edmonds supra.jpg

drive shaft.jpg

hid.jpg

i put coilovers on it but i havent gotten any pics of it yet. i actually dont have many pics for it at all haha.

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 14