HHO Generation

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
*(Mods please move this if you feel it should be put in a specific location. i'm not sure if there is already a thread started on this topic.)

as gas prices keep climbing, i have been starting to research methods to increase mileage. i came upon HHO generation or (water power). i was amazed at how simple the concept was and how well it worked. i am planning to build a generator and put it on my old 82 toyota pickup first and see how well it works.
if there is anyone here who has worked with, or even better installed a HHO generator on an automobile? i think alot of guys on our forum would appreciate learning about this. so if there are guys out there who know alot about this and would like to share, i think it would benefit us all.

thanks- Brian

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
It's something i've been meaning to look into, not for my car, but outta curiousity. A few guys at a local euro tune shop I hang around have done this to their old Merc turbo diesels with outstanding results. I mean, crazy mileage to each tank. I've also seen a few Jettas come by with the same thing, that ran well.

90T04

Mar 30, 2005
Tucson, AZ
www.azsupras.com
I have done some reading about it too a while ago, and the actual results are not so spectacular as they want you to believe. For one, HHO is an explosive mixture so it really doesn't burn, it explodes so you have to have a way to either retard timing a lot, or separate the Hydrogen from the Oxygen.

Also, the engine will be pulling the most vacuum at idle and using up your HHO, then under acceleration when you have less or no vacuum, no HHO gas is pulled into the cylinder. Some people have made use of a pump to force the mixture in.

In any fuel injected car, the computer will sense a lean mixture with the HHO and inject more fuel, causing you to break even. I have seen some people design circuits to change the O2 output to the computer to take advantage of the HHO mixture, and also use extensive HHO generators and the most increase in fuel mileage was a recorded 4% or something like that.
A certain specific amount of Watts put into water will output a certain amount of BTU's of Hydrogen at 100% efficency (based on some physics law I cant remember), and it takes a lot of amperage from your alternator to run the generator. Which in turn puts a greater load on your engine, so you use more fuel. Until the Overunity believers can get more BTU's out of the same amount of electricity, its not going to work.

in my opinion...

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
yeah i have noticed guys getting alot better results form the diesels. i think if someone was to use this on a standalone it would be lots easier to get an accurate setup. i am gonna try one out on my pickup. mess around with it a little bit and see how it goes. i know there are soo many variables as to how well it works, guess i will have to try some.
i have seen ppl run around 4 amps but as high as 10 amps. alot of it depends on the mixture ratio of the water. i still need to look into it more. there are soo many other guys out there who have been testing lots longer.