HG question

TheWooz

Dec 23, 2006
Myrtle Beach SC
Im going NA-T so im gonna go ahead and change the headgasket and headbolts. I was thinking of using a thicker headgasket but everyone i talk to has a diffrent opinion some say it will be fine and others says i will seriously mess something up. No one can ever give me a answer as to why it could mess something up. So maybe someone has some idea. Also what are the other NA-Ters doing about tachs? Is there anyway to keep the NA tach or do you have to swap it over to a GTE one? Thanks

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
For the HG you can do what you want.. You can run a thicker run to run lower compression or run a regular one and have a high compression NA-T. I guess it depends on what your goals are. If you are not looking to push a crap load of power you can just run a regular one.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
What to do about the tach:

View attachment 18350

You can see that there are resistors that are labeled 1 thru 9. The 2 columns on the bottom tell you what the resistances are on both the n/a and the turbo. The ones in blue you need to change to match the resistances for the turbo tach. This is if you are using the turbo ecu.

Last edited: