hey hullo this is my intro

queenbean

Sep 7, 2010
Calgary
my name is bean and I don't have a Supra. I do however have a 1987 Cressida (MX73) with a 5MGE inline 6 engine and an a340e 4-speed transmission.

IMPRESSIVE I KNOW. ~

lol so my point in coming here to gain knowledge on my car in the (many) areas in which it overlaps with the supra. I got referred here by a fellow cressida owner for the specific purpose of looking into some things about the "ever-lasting" toyota fuel filters.

so far in my browsing i've been super impressed with the knowledge and helpfulness of everyone and I am stoked to learn!

also worth mentioning for anyone who didnt already stop reading a few paragraphs ago that this is basically my "learner" car. about a year ago I didnt even know how to change a tire by myself. but my love for my cressida has encouraged me to do whatever it takes to maintain it and keep it in good repair. I've done quite a few basic repairs and tune-up procedures so far and have read up on more complicated ones but am still going to be asking dumb questions sometimes most likely.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
As long as you have the want to learn, and the willingness to get down and dirty, you will be just fine! Welcome to the 'mania that is owning a supra (or similar vehicle in your case). : p

queenbean

Sep 7, 2010
Calgary
definitely willing to get down and dirty!
I got my car 2 or 3 months ago and one of the things I've done so far was take the whole interior apart (seats, carpet, panels etc.)
found a spot of rust under the seat in the back where someone must've spilled something and left it ... literally the only rusty part on my car
so i sanded the rust off and scrubbed down the rest of the frame, replaced the underlay in the carpets, cleaned out the drain plugs....

i realize that has nothing whatsoever to do with the mechanics of the vehicle, but if diving face-first into 23 years of someone else's filth isn't getting down and dirty, then i dont know what is LOL

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

also, thanks for the warm welcome =)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Your name is actually "Bean"??? ;)

So now SM "Has Bean" :runaway:

sorry struck me as funny as I'm drinking my morning coffee, welcome to SM hope you enjoy the site!

has-bean-coffee-logo.png

queenbean

Sep 7, 2010
Calgary
well arent you lucky that bean isnt my ACTUAL name or I might be SO VERY OFFENDED BY THAT.
lol
coffee sounds great, time to make a run back to the machine and get another cup to put me at a total of 3 for today so far.
Thanks! =)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Offensive Moi??? ;)

nah never just playing, but you could be sure if you had been offended I'd have :stickpoke just a bit more! (we're just one big dysfunctional family here and tend to give each other crap from time to time)

Feel free to post in this thread when you get a chance!

queenbean

Sep 7, 2010
Calgary
i already did but your trick won't work. i'll still be known as bean. HA!

this place is a lot more active than the Cressida forums I've posted in lol.
Poor Cressidas are so sadly outnumbered.

queenbean

Sep 7, 2010
Calgary
well in that case, it was a trick and my real name is in fact bean. not to be likened to the jelly or the lima sort.. but rather to the coffee variety as you had already implied.

i ran my car into a lake (not literally) and I'm still not sure of the extent of the damage. I had an oil leak previously coming from valve cover gasket (at least I am almost certain that's where it was coming from) .. but now it seems to be coming from other places as well. The amount of oil lost is minimal for now and I am slowly replacing/repairing hoses and gaskets .. but eventually it may come down to the decision of whether to rebuild or do a swap. most likely will do a swap to one of those other fancy supra engines gnome sayin?

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Oh you will fit in quite well here. LOL

As I see Ian has already begun post-whoring your thread. :sarcasm:::popcorn::

queenbean

Sep 7, 2010
Calgary
i appreciate the post-whoring ok.
what else is supposed to entertain me at work when, as mentioned, cressida forums are as slow as my currently rich-running engine.
(good one right)