Hey Guys Im goin for it....

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
But Before I do I'd Like to Get a few opinions And Get accosted by some members Because I Enjoy stuff like that.
Im getting a bit back on My tax refund and Im going for a suspension build thats long overdue. Im going with The Bilstein Strut Option with RS*R springs, New Ball Joints and While Im at it, Im going to be installing My Beech Performance Steering Rack Spacers with help from the wiisass Install writeup. Im also going to be updating my bushings with ST poly as Well as Switching the Ball Joint boots to Poly as well (Red to match the Car :biglaugh:) The Full project will include pillowball mounts and Driftmotion Suspension links among a few other things. Plus My Next Brake Project will also make sure everything is good and stable with the tires. Then of course Sway bar updates Do Luck blah blah blah but thats all in good time. And Finally the big descision. Im thinking of Foam filling the Frame rails, Rocker panels, C pillars (where possible) with expandable 2lb.-8lb. foam for Rigidity <-Sic? But I do have one concern before that, Im also considering seam welding all the spot welds done on the vehicle and Im sure that foam is flameable, Has anyone been presented with that problem before that has any ideas on what to Do first?:1zhelp:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
To add to your list, wheel bearings (if you haven't done them before)

Last I heard, the RS*R springs were on a long backorder, or possibly even discontinued. I'll be contacting RS*R to see if the springs are still available

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
RedComet13;1517095 said:
.... Im thinking of Foam filling the Frame rails, Rocker panels, C pillars (where possible) with expandable 2lb.-8lb. foam for Rigidity <-Sic? But I do have one concern before that, Im also considering seam welding all the spot welds done on the vehicle and Im sure that foam is flameable, Has anyone been presented with that problem before that has any ideas on what to Do first?:1zhelp:

Weld it first.
Even if it doesn't start on fire, it will melt away from the area that gets hot, and you lose any bennifit of putting it in there in the first place.
Or just forget the foam, and put a cage in, as it will stiffen a lot more that foam will.

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Honestly The Cage Sounds like a good option. Hell why not both haha Because Im rolling in the dough thats for sure *Sike* Well The cage would do great with expanding foam near the roof lines especially ina targa as long as Vital lines were either tucked or Moved and secured.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Word of caution on a cage in a street car........
Without a helmet, the cage is likely to cause head trama if your in an accident.
Skulls & DOM tubing don't go well together.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
If you do cage it, be sure to cover the areas around your head in foam padding. I'd forget the foam filling as it's not much of a benefit.

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Okay So I Double Checked on Those RS*R Racing Springs I had in mind (Thanks Moy) and Believe it or Not RS*R had only one set left which is a Plus Because now they'd be special order and the price rocks Plus, I had the opportunity to take advantage of Free Shipping from FRsport.com. Im going to take before and after pics as well as a few to show how the Project is coming along. Thanks for the suggestions BTW.

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
I believe RSR springs are linear springs and not progressive rate. Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong. Try comparing the two types just in case.

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I'm looking up info to answer u Hmong_1G But the website didn't give me alot of info, Just selling tactics:

35-T300 Quick Item Details:
· All out performance springs
· Optimal lowering settings
· Higher spring rate & stability

RS*R Race Spring was designed to provide the the best all out performance and extreme cornering capabilities. These springs bring the car 1-2 inches lower than factory specs for optimal center of gravity with a high increase in spring rate for better cornering an manuverbility. RS*R uses a technique called high frequency induction heating to create the springs which is uniquely found in RS*R factory. This is different from the usual method of making springs, which is cold winding, like winding a metal rod into a spring w/o added heat.

The manufacturing process of RS*R Down and RS*R Race springs are as follows.
&#8226;Tapering
&#8226;High frequency induction heating
&#8226;Coiling
&#8226;Heat treating
&#8226;Annealing
&#8226;Shot peening
&#8226;Cold setting
&#8226;Strength test
&#8226;Protective coating