Hey everyone

Alex L.

Hey everyone, my name is Alex. I am a 17 year old who lives in central Ohio. I got recommended to this site by a few people and thought I'd give it a try. My dad and I currently have two Supras and a SC300.

I have a 1982 Supra that my dad and I have been restoring since the early 2000s. It's a restomod, and has undergone a full suspension upgrade, brakes, a turbo kit, and a few other mods. Here's a pic of it:

p1305894_1.jpg

Second comes the 1994 Supra. It's got a fresh Toyota shortblock, a PHR stage 2+ turbo system w/1 67mm DBB turbo, 5-angle job, 272 cams, etc. etc.

Pic:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Third is my SC300. It's got Tein Super Street coilovers on it, Kazera KZ-A wheels, and not much else at this time. I've got a turbo kit, MAP ECU/FJO wideband, and some other goodies to go on it as soon as the weather starts getting nice again.

Pic:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

You guys may notice the Firehead Studios watermark on the photos; that's one of my companies. I also have Boost Performance Autosports, LLC, but I won't bug you guys with details now unless you guys want to hear about them. I don't want to get a bad rep right from the get go from trying to advertise when I haven't gained the right yet.

Anyways, if you have any questions, comments, or whatever about the cars or me, feel free to post them up here.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Sick cars, and VERY good pictures; they look like the front of magizine covers or something to be hung up on the wall.

Oh oops, welcome :biglaugh:

Alex L.

Holy crap, been awhile since I was on here!

Central Ohio means the Newark area. I haven't had the cars to Columbus all too often.

Here's an engine bay pic of the MkII:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

That pic was taken when the car was being prepared for paint. Not the best pic, but you get the idea. ;)

stabbinkabbin

Jul 18, 2008
Spring TX
Yes, I think so as well i have the D-50 same lenses and a f1.8 50mm. Nice work man, nice work indeed. I dont believe in huge setups for people such as ourselves. Nice but over done.
Like anything else I guess it's the person behind the camera.

Alex L.

Thanks for overlooking age. ;)

I used to do a lot of photo/video work, hence Firehead Studios, LLC. (www.fireheadstudios.com). I still do some of that, not nearly as much as I used to.

My new company is Boost Performance Autosports, LLC. (www.boostperformanceautosports.com). This is an automotive performance parts/ accessories retailer. I can get almost any part that one could desire for their car. I've been working on Toyotas since the early 2000s and that is where I have the biggest part of my knowledge about cars. I'm currently working to finish putting a turbo kit on the SC300. It should be close to done this weekend if I can get my IC piping and FJO stuff finished.

Alex L.

I don't know if I have a favorite, persay, as each one has their own qualities.

The MkII is a great driver. It's not fast by any stretch of the imagination, but it still gets tons of looks everywhere I take it. I still laugh when people come up to me and ask me how my Mustang, my Corolla, or my Delorean is doing. :p

The MKIV is obviously the brute out of all of them. While it's not the easiest car to drive on the street with the 6-puck clutch in correlation with 272 cams and a MAP2 ECU without idle control, it's the absolute fastest car I've ever driven (wraps rings around my dad's 440hp C3 Vette). This car demands attention wherever it goes, sometimes to the point of it being a burden. It's the kind of thing that you would love to take it out BEFORE the Fast and the Furious was made. ;)

I guess you could call my SC300 my "favorite" out of the bunch. It has (or will have, I should say) everything that I look for in cars. Firstly, I think that the SC300/Soarer was one of the if not THE sexiest car ever made (purely my opinion though). Once my turbo kit is finished, which will hopefully be next week if I can get the power harness for my wideband controller, it will have luxury, styling, comfort, and, most importantly, SPEED. That's everything that I look for in a car. Most cover a few of the points, but few cars cover all of them like this SC300 will.

That pretty much sums up my preferences as far as the cars go. :)

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
Oh man, those are some nice cars and a nice background being so young. Not to say im much older. Welcome and good luck. If you make a build thread im likely gonna follow it lol.