hesitation/stumble on acceleration

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
first off. i researched tsrm a lot and i can't find a reason why.
my car started hesitating about two days ago. i changed the spark plugs yesterday and it still misses.
the things that are new are
. sparkplugs and wires
.cap and rotor
.fuel filter
. cleaned injectors at hg rebuild
. new belts
. new t-body and also cleaned
. new air filter
. no loss of compression when tested
the only thing i haven't changed was the fuel pump and the throttle position sensor.
the tsrm points me to all of the things that i changed. nothing was on the sparks plugs(no coolant) note: i was previously using bosch platinum +2 now i am using NGK v-powers.
i was wondering if the fuel pump or the throttle position sensor would cause the car to stumble or hesitate on acceleration. the only other idea i have is it might be time to rebuild the engine. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
yeah i have been running 87 octane for a while cuz of the gas prices.
when im driving it kinda sounds like a miss but i dont see how as everything is new.
is it common for the TPS to fail on these cars? but in a way i could see how it would affect the driveability. out of all the problems i've had i would see this as the last thing.

would anybody have any related problems and how they solved it?

i do have another t-body i could switch out. ill give that a try tonight. thanks--> any other ideas.

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
It could also be a vacuum leak somewhere. But id look into the octane rating use 91. I had the same problem with 87 then went to 89 which cleared it up a lil bit and 91 ive had no problems with.

he lives

Oct 6, 2006
Yakima,WA
I would be willing to bet it is the tps. You don't have to switch out the throttle bodies. It is simple to check the tps...just follow the tsrm.