heres why i havent been updating my ma70tt thread

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
p933517_1.jpg

p933517_2.jpg

p933517_3.jpg

its a 1948 chevy 4100, i have already fab'd the basic frame to accept the suspension from my back halved mkIII. now i need some help from my supramania friends. first up is i need a rear suspension crossmember from a mkIII supra so i can make a jig to fab a tubular version. so whoever has one let me know. the closer it is to madison, wi the better. i dont care if its rusty or dirty/greasy, just has to be straight and available. once the jig is made i will be able to supply everyone in the supra community with a high quality/stronger solution to the so so stock rear crossmember.

-nate

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
garagefujimoto;933645 said:
I have the member but it's 6000 km away

what do ya think it would cost to ship? that'd be a pretty big box, an someone like you that has one disassembled would know what it weighs.

done fab'ing the struts. the rear is done except for shocks. i still have to plasma cut out the side braces for the front top strut mount. ill post some pics as sonn as photobucket gets done bein' slow...

here ya go...

p933792_1.jpg

p933792_2.jpg

p933792_3.jpg

p933792_4.jpg

p933792_5.jpg

p933792_6.jpg

p933792_7.jpg

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
absolutely amazing. if i had something like that, i'd hardly be working on the supra. haha. keep it up!

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
no frame layin'. this is not a lowrider/mini truck.

c'mon somebody has to have an old beat down supra sittin' behind the shed or in the way... or a rear cross member in the corner of their garage...

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Wasn't 100% sure those were the expensive magnesium corvette option wheels they had for a bit or not ( i know there lighter than a motherfuck3r). Was told they crack and scratch easily in the past. I hope I am wrong. Its Farkin good looking no matter what.

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
yes they are magnesium and light as expletive!, an i got 'em for a song (insert free here)... theyre not that expensive on ebay anyway. yes they scratch, when ya hit 'em on stuff, other than that theyre pretty much normal wheels that are extremely light and affordable. a friend of mine's dad had a c5 convertible that they came on, when he brushed a curb the dealership gave him a full set of new ones with tires, so these were just sitting outside behind their garage for a couple years. i offered to store them, that was a few years ago, i actually tried to sell them for him, but no one was willing to give him more than 5-600 bucks. so now im usin' 'em.

off to buy a black '67 cadillac coupe deville in a minute hopefully...

truck updates later when i finsh the front upper strut mounts...

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
my buddy that was gonna give me ride up to get it is workin' late so tomorrow as long its still there... shea's a beaut!!! 429 'n all..

well heres her first time down on her own, sorry about the quality, its just me an my cybershot tonight...