HERE WE GO.....Bye Nurse, Hello SPeed...

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
HELLO NURSE, alright boys and girls, i have got sick, and tired of looking at my dragon sitting in the yard, and i think its time to start chasing his ass.......
I have pics in Gallery, and in introduction, here is the Build thread...right now, due to the current economic status of the country, i have decided to use the parts i have...Not measure ANYTHING and slap it all together..

....PLS don't even start to lecture...
THe only reason i pulled it down was DUe to rod knock....i know im taking a HUGE amount of risk...but i plan on making this an easy in/out setup as it goes back together....
so just sit back and relax while MR. toad is behind the wheel
Nick

(ok...so maybe a lil measuring.....)

Attachments

• DSCF5436.JPG
    DSCF5436.JPG
    447.5 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF5437.JPG
    DSCF5437.JPG
    469 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF5438.JPG
    DSCF5438.JPG
    472.6 KB · Views: 54

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
ok, btw im forums retarded.....i dont know how to post and type between pictures....eh, bite me, im on "crack" tonight....im going to be posting a bunch getting this thing up and running...

Attachments

• DSCF5265.jpg
    DSCF5265.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF5266.jpg
    DSCF5266.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 59

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I guess Ill be the first to say it... Good Luck!

I dont know about now measuring anything but when I get around to building an autocross car Ill probably do this with the motor in it. See what it will handle with out blowing up while building a "real motor" for it

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Good luck! You should plastigauge your new bearings, its seriously simple and could save you in the long run. Not giving you a "lecture" (Trust me i couldnt care less if your engine started knocking again), just a suggestion, and its super easy.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
AI-TR-PIN-S.jpg

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Oh Oh can I pull it, please please^

I didnt want to tell you what to do as I know everyone else will, but you might as well check your clearances and at least order bearings accordingly, not much money in that at all

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
new88sup4me;1244044 said:
ok, btw im forums retarded.....i dont know how to post and type between pictures....eh, bite me, im on "crack" tonight....im going to be posting a bunch getting this thing up and running...

1: Go to photobucket.com (it's free) and open a account
2: Click choose File, to open the pic you want to upload
3: Copy and paste the IMG code into the thread where you would like it.
(it looks something like this
sm_photo_missing.jpg

4: then the pic loads where you put it. GL with you car.

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
Alright so i talked to my Local "snap-on" man about getting screwed he said sure he can get me a new set of outside Micrometers ..for around 50 bucks...WOW, is that for one? na it was for 2 so im picking up a 2-3, and a 3-4 already have a 0-1 so now ill be able to measure out my journals. then i have to go find me a 1/2 gram scale so i can balance my components out.

Parts i have on hand (came with the car few, AND NEW)
Mozimo OEM replacement Hyperutectic pistons & matching rings.
King Bearing set (rods and mains)
OEM style head gasket (evergreen auto brand ?>.<?)
Engine Gasket set, New oem oil pump, oem water pump, timing belt
and um...well well, i think thats allll.......

Ps....i dont do plastigage..i Micrometer :D

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
new88sup4me;1244768 said:
Well, im glad some one has heard of them cuz i havent....thanks

x2 on the evergreen HG ... dont expect much from it ....
Good luck on your build ...I will be doing one soon myself .

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
WhtMa71;1244852 said:
Plastigauge is like $1.. Micrometers? $$$

yes but ive never had good results with plastigauge, and i have a hook up on Mics, and this isnt the only engine i plan on building...

So far, ive scrubed the block good ole soapy water, and rubbed the machined surfaces down with Marvel Mystery oil, im waiting on the mics, so i can check out all the journals. Head is Flat, and so is the deck <.0015 with a feeler gauge. Any one have a hook up on Oil squiter bolts? or just the $20 each from Toyota in my area?once the mics get in ill check out the Crank journals for OOR, oh, and DI says my crank is Flat....No warpage more good news :)
And thanks for the HG link more pics tonight
Nick

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
Ok, i got my mics in, im measuring out my pistons tonight, and will be hitting my crank this weekend, i also listened and got a couple of boxes of plastigage.
Whats with the bearing sizes??? Im using "alldata" and it says that all the bearings are different sizes..does anyone know if its a single oversize? of it its individual?
ANd does anyone know of a wiring harness refurbisher? or someone to get an oem replacement from??