Here is a challenge. Front window fog

lilmartian09

Apr 1, 2010
El Paso, Texas, United States
Hey everyone. Been awhile since i asked a question but maybe some insight will help. Have any idea as to why the window has a light blue fog on the windsheild. I know its dirty but what is it. I don't use the heater or ac. Thanks again

1687ed5df8107f6d4fc2b6a2c3550a19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
blue

looking at exhaust (which means please be careful, that means you are breathing the CO and CO2). Might have some oil on it also.

first order of business, get that damn exhaust leak fixed.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
I was getting a similar color/issue when my heater core was leaking, I can't recall what color it was though.

Wipe your finger on it, just a very small amount and see if it smells or tastes sweet. I'm not quite sure how an exhaust leak will make its way all the way onto the windshield

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
It's condensate from whatever contaminates blew into the car. Nothing you can do but clean it off. I find a microfiber towel works well, dry.

I seem to get a lot more of that gunk during the summer when it rains a lot and I drive with the windows open a lot and with the defroster on max fan (I have no AC so this is how I keep my glass unfogged).

I never have to add any antifreeze so I'm sure I have no heater core leaks on mine, but that's a good idea to check because that will certainly cause it too.

As will a missing rear hood seal, since the blower will suck in underhood air from the cowl. Mine is slightly cut to vent some air onto the turbo there so I'm sure I'm getting some oil blowby vapor in my cabin.