Here I go again..

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Seven years after I purchased my first Supra and started updating and rebuilding it, I am starting over on another Supra. The short story on the old car is that I screwed it up. The full build thread can be found here. To summarize my, I shimmed my oil pump too much and was blowing oil filters out on cold start. Something went wrong in my transmission that I didn't have reverse. Through a series of events the car ended up just collecting dust and getting pushed out of the way. Along the way I was offered a chance to pick up a 90 white body turbo car and I took it. Over the years I have collected parts that I have come across and have finally decided to do something with them besides put them in the spare room to collect dust.

So, right now the major part of this build-up is swapping all of the performance parts from the 87 chassis over to the 90 chassis. Then swapping all of the stock stuff from the 90 chassis to the 87 chassis. Tokiko blues, Eibach springs, ST sway bars, oil cooler and inter cooler and MAFT pro are all coming over to the new chassis. The 87 will be returned to a stock turbo car. So at the moment everything I am doing is happening twice. Last weekend I got the front suspension swapped around. This weekend is all focused on the rear end. Am also replacing all the brakes and steering rack on the 90 chassis while I am at all of this.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
More progress today. Removed the old leaking PS rack. The PPS valve almost made me go purchase a metric adjustable wrench. Thankfully my standard adjustable wrench came through. Couldn't find any good P/S rack bushings so I didn't mount the new rack down yet. It is in place just waiting on new bushings. Did clean all of the gunk and grime off of the front cross-member and control arms while everything was disassembled. Removed all of the factory inter-cooler and piping as well as stock oil cooler and piping to make room for my upgraded pieces from the 87 chassis. Got the factory stuff mounted on the old chassis and bumper placed back on it. Lastly, I pulled all of the electronics out of the 87 chassis that I will be using in the new car.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I'm doing almost the exact same thing but parts from a wrecked car into another one. Everything goes so it's taking so much time :(

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
OIl cooler is fabbed in . Have to replace the condensor fan before I can final bolt it all in place but can get everything around it fabbed up. Inter-cooler will be next.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
With the weather being flakey around here I decided to stay indoors and rebuild the transmission.

Next up is the valve body modifications to make it all worth it.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Fitted the interior together. Was amazed to find the rear strut/speaker covers fit in. Even more amazed when the sunscreen fit perfectly into place. Sadly the targa holders cannot be used.
Harnesses and seats fit as planned. Pro EFI mounting area was prepped as well. Have a lot of wiring left to get to that point.