help....

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i need some advice here guys...
i have water getting in my trunk and burning out my taillight bulbs. i've narrowed it down to above the hatch trim panel. is it more likely coming from the spoiler holes or the window trim?
i tried to order new gaskets for the wing, but they were garbage. my plan is to either make good gaskets for it or use rtv.
thanks.....

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i'm sure those are bad, but i have water above the interior panel. if i lift the hatch, water actually falls out of it.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
gsxr141;1832710 said:
i need some advice here guys...
i have water getting in my trunk and burning out my taillight bulbs. i've narrowed it down to above the hatch trim panel. is it more likely coming from the spoiler holes or the window trim?
i tried to order new gaskets for the wing, but they were garbage. my plan is to either make good gaskets for it or use rtv.
thanks.....

exact same problem, has the number 2 part lsited above been confirmed as the source of the leak? reason im asking is because I assumed that was it so i put in a fiar amount of silicone , however this is still happening.

i did a 89+ tail light conversion thought and the tail light gaskets werent that good so maybe I need to remove and change these as well??

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
the #2 part shown is just the interior panel. the only thing above that with holes is the wing. i'm going to try and take the wing off tomorrow and seal it. i'll let you guys know how that works.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
There are a bunch of spots that will leak over time.

Bottom of your rear window, the trim is bolted on, and chances are those bolts are leaking by now.

Wiper seal will leak.

Spoiler mounting points will leak.

Hatch seal will leak.

Tail light gaskets will leak.

Antenna seal will leak.

Replace all of those, and chances are the back of your car will be literally bone dry even in torrential rain.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
GrimJack;1832762 said:
There are a bunch of spots that will leak over time.

Bottom of your rear window, the trim is bolted on, and chances are those bolts are leaking by now.

Wiper seal will leak.

Spoiler mounting points will leak.

Hatch seal will leak.

Tail light gaskets will leak.

Antenna seal will leak.

Replace all of those, and chances are the back of your car will be literally bone dry even in torrential rain.

thank you :)