help

7down-7m

Jun 11, 2006
milton
ok i am looking for someone local that could make the drive to me . .i live in milton WA . . . i need help with diagnosing a problem that i am having that i cant figure out (im not very mechanically inclined -- still learnign).

problem #1 - not getting any power to my injectors or to my coil (tested with 2 different coils so far) so the engine will not fire up . .it does crank over tho!

problem #2 - i looking for someone that knows how to properly wire up the "30 amp starter relay mod" i cant figure out the correct wiring ..no matter how i do it whenever i connect my battery the engine starts cranking away without the key in the ignition. .

if you think you are the one that can help me figure these 2 problems out and get my supra back on the road again plz shoot me a pm and we can work out reasonable compensation for your time and help.

NOTE: i will not have the extra cash until Oct 5th 2009

you can also call or txt me anytime of the day at 253-579-6356 if no answer leave a voicemail.

thanks for anyone that looks at this thread

~brandon

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Problem #1: Have you pulled codes...checked all related fuses? Have you done any troubleshooting per the TSRM?

Problem #2: Fix problem #1 first. ;)

Have you posted in the tech section? You'll get more exposure there.

7down-7m

Jun 11, 2006
milton
to be honest kenny i really dont know what codes are. and yes i have taken a look through the tsrm and no i dont think i have posted in tech section before i will do so later on if Matt (HighNitro) cant help me diagnose on oct 6th

but when i talked to him on the phone he seemed pretty positive about knowing what was wrong.

if that doesnt work i will post in tech section. thanks

7down-7m

Jun 11, 2006
milton
Matt i got another member Supraguy31 that said he would be willing to come take a look also . . and if we happen to figure it out i will let u know so u dont have to swing on by to take a look . . i will keep u updated

7down-7m

Jun 11, 2006
milton
no advancements on progression yet with other members matt so go ahead gimme a call and let me know a time if you are still up for it thanks

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
sorry buddy, i never ended up heading that direction, i got a question for u tho. when u put your key in the "on" position, does the check engine light come on? both problems seem like they could be related to the ignition switch.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
problem #2 - i looking for someone that knows how to properly wire up the "30 amp starter relay mod" i cant figure out the correct wiring ..no matter how i do it whenever i connect my battery the engine starts cranking away without the key in the ignition. .

Check 1...

Reach down and make sure that the Starter cable isnt touching the starter wire connector. Ive done this before. Sometimes when you tighten the cable on the starter It rotates around and stops when it is in contact with the Starter wire connector giving power to it when you try and connect the positive or negative battery cables.

Make sure that your Ignitor is grounded properly also.

7down-7m

Jun 11, 2006
milton
well as soon as i hook up the battery it starts to crank over so i cant really check for the engine light unless i leave the motor cranking while i go check

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
unhook the starter relay that u put in there, and then just turn the key to the on position, and see if the cel comes on. if it does, that means your ecu is getting power.

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
im pretty sure if the cel comes on, then the ecu is good. what im trying figure out is, the ecu power wire is the same as the power wire for the ignition and the fuel injectors, so if your ecu is getting power, they should be too.

7down-7m

Jun 11, 2006
milton
ok everyone so here is the deal for those of u following this thread

my car has been out of commision for 14 months now and i really want it back on the road again so here is my proposition.

50$ to anyone that can come here to my car and diagnose for me and tell me what is wrong with it.

if 50$ to low for diagnosing shoot me a pm and we can work out a price starting to get desperate :/

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
how have u tested that your injectors are getting no power? id suggest getting a multimeter and see if they are getting power or not, the injectors always have a constant 12v to them when the key is in the "on" position, its when the ecu connects them to ground that the injectors fire. so get a multimeter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multimeter) from pretty much any hardware or auto parts store. and see if you are getting voltage to the injectors or not, if u are, we will go from there.