Help with wiring!

H-Dogg

Apr 18, 2007
Watertown, Wisconsin
I have a cut wiring harness for a 1JZ out of a soarer and I need wiring that'll work in an 89 supra. What would be the best way to get wiring that'll work?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Another thing to keep in mind when working on Toyotas. Pins may change, but colors are largely the same.

eg: a big black/white wire is going to be a starter signal on prety much any toyota. Makes wiring almost "match the colors"

H-Dogg

Apr 18, 2007
Watertown, Wisconsin
I have the part of the wiring that hooks up all over the engine but then it ends and I have a supra ECU. What would be my first step? I've done no wiring before but I've been taught a bunch of it in school so I'm willing to try it but a walk through would be great!

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
I had a similar issue. My harness came with the body plugs cut and no where to be found. There are wires in there that look the same and just makes more questions than answers. I finished about 80% of it and then had to give up. I bought a 1JZ harness complete and uncut for $350 and it took me about 6 hours to convert it. Took me awhile to find one, but I did find one! Keep looking!

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
his mightve been a different year (pre 89)

if you give up you can always goto dr tweak @ phoenixtuning :dunno: i am lazy when it comes to wiring

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
I didnt really think it was that difficult to build my own 2j harness for my GTE AEM install on a GE motor. I just traced out every line. Are you going standalone?

If not, I would solder the connections and use shrink tube on a portion of the harness that doesnt bend and flex. Be sure to stagger the connections so that you dont have a big ball of thickness.

If so, you could probably just use a 2jzge harness with a 2j AEM and wire it up accordingly. Or, you could get a stinger and use that harness.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
well the information is out there, you can use a 2jz ecu but you lose the RPM limit you had on your 1j.. it will now have the lower rpm limit. if you want to wire it yourself i suggest extending the wire from the plug so you wont have to worry about old solder down the road messing up signals and whatnot.

BLK-SUPRA

SeniorMember of SF.com.au
May 22, 2006
Aust\Melb
www.supraforums.com.au
I have Given up on my wirring ALSO.. Im about 6wires from Finishing, and i found out i have a Short some where in the loom, I have Unplugged as many things as i can from Fuse box to disconnecting plugs and i still cant find it. Im affraid its in the ENGINE LOOM, and no way in hell am i pulling that motor out again. Dont know what to do anymore!!