Help with the tranny!!!

Newkid

Dec 18, 2007
Aurora Co
Well my uncle and I have been working on my 90 supra turbo, replacing the rear main seal and flywheel. We have everything back together and started the car but it seems that I cant put in to gear? we already bleed the clutch so does anybody what could be wrong? Do you think its the fork inside the tranny?

Newkid

Dec 18, 2007
Aurora Co
GrimJack;968640 said:
Can't put it in gear how? The shifter moves, but the car doesn't? You can't move the shifter at all? Can you put it in gear with the engine off?

When its off it could go into a gear but when you turn it on you cant no more. Weird thing is when its one I tried to go reverse and it just grinded the gear.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I'm 99 percent sure that its either the master and slave cause that happened to my toyota pickup.... Or you installed the clutch wrong and its not letting go.... My master went out but didn't leak fluid or show any signs I ended up still haveing to drive it like this but every time I had to stop I had to shut the motor off and start it in gear LOL.

Newkid

Dec 18, 2007
Aurora Co
gaboonviper85;968867 said:
I'm 99 percent sure that its either the master and slave cause that happened to my toyota pickup.... Or you installed the clutch wrong and its not letting go.... My master went out but didn't leak fluid or show any signs I ended up still haveing to drive it like this but every time I had to stop I had to shut the motor off and start it in gear LOL.

Thanks but damn that sucks! lol

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Yup, that will be something wrong with the hydraulics. Check that the slave is pushing on the fork by looking through the driver side inspection plate. Check that the slave is actually pushing when you depress the pedal.