help with profec E-01

aadsen

Philly Supras
Aug 4, 2005
Allentown
:1zhelp:Can anyone help me program my profec E-01 boost controller. the manual in english doesnt really explain how to do it. I cant find any info anywhere on here or the web (cant figure out why). I tried to set it to auto program mode but i olny got boost up to about .8 PSI. yes u read correctly, not even 1 psi. i gave up on the auto mode and want to do it manually but i dont know how or even understand for that matter. I dont understand what set and gain are and how to configure it. I got a To4e 68 trim turbo so i know it can handle more PSI. I also have a 3" open exhaust, high flow turbo elbow. Please any help would be great. I'm not asking for someone to do this for me. I'd like to know and understand for my own knowledge.
Thank you.:1zhelp:

aadsen

Philly Supras
Aug 4, 2005
Allentown
I want to run about 8 - 10 psi for now if that helps at all.its kinda depressing having a honda pass you because i cant get any boost response. :(

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
What is your boost with the controller set to the off position?

Take and set it to hi manual, then set your gain to 0, set your start boost to two psi under your target boost, set your % to about 50% and see where it boosts to. Remember that the greater the % the greater the boost.

aadsen

Philly Supras
Aug 4, 2005
Allentown
with it set to off i believe it was 0 to .2 psi. Its running like its all motor. i'm gonna go out and play with it in manual mode and see what i can do with it.:evil2: thanks for the input.

simpsons7s

Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
If your boost is 0-0.2 with the controler off then your problem is the wastgate. You don't have enough spring pressure to hold it shut. Try this, Take the boost control solinoid off the vacume line and reconnect it stock. try boosting, If you stil have zero boost then you need to adjust your wastegate.

aadsen

Philly Supras
Aug 4, 2005
Allentown
Well last night was fun:icon_mad:. still no boost. I ended up geting stranded in the middle of nowhere because the heater hose blew off and I lost about a gallon of coolant. I couldnt stop overheating. not to mention to temperture control for my electric fan kit shit out as well. I'll be looking towards the actuator now. I dont see why it would be stuck open.

Is it safe to drive the car in this condition? Cuz i can hear the turbo spooling big time, just no boost.

simpsons7s

Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
It is not that the actuator is necessarly stuck open but more that the spring in the actuator dosent have enough pressure to hold it shut as you start to build boost. Do you have an internal wastegate or an external wastegate. I am assuming that you have an internal wastegate because you said there is an actuator. There is a rod coming out of your actuator that connects with your wastegate valve. That rod should be adjustable. You need to adjust it so it has more tension.

aadsen

Philly Supras
Aug 4, 2005
Allentown
yeah, its an internal wastegate. I'll play with it when the weather gets better. I hope this is the only problem it has. Its brand new so I hope its not broken. thanks for the insight simpson.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
great info simpson.
you can set the profec to manual in low mode and use high mode for other times. the auto mode didn't work for me either. i went outside to check my settings for you. i don't know what your mods are but mine are in my sig.
A1. set=60% /gain=30.rpm /start boost=12.2 which is when my wastegate would open. i have the divorced dp.
B1. cyl.=6 /throttle type=reverse /speed meter pulse=4p /unit=psi
B2. lfd=flash2 /alarm 2/ boost=18.5 psi /limiter=2%
B3. peak=on

hope some of this helps. maybe you can go from here if you mods are similar. by the way, my .57 trim with clipped exhaust wheel boosts anywhere from 19-22 psi.

aadsen

Philly Supras
Aug 4, 2005
Allentown
I'll play around with the settings. I dont wanna boost too high yet as i just rebuilt the motor with a new head. I wanna make sure it seats right before I turn it up. our mods are pretty similar with the exception that i have yet to go lex with the 550's. when i have the money i will be changing over to the 550 with a lex/ possibly speed dens and elimitate the afm. not sure yet.:naughty:

aadsen

Philly Supras
Aug 4, 2005
Allentown
I tried to adjust the actuator and it is a no go. thats the nut on the bar going to actuator, right? it doesnt move much either way and doesnt help the boost. I'm going to look into it more. maybe try a better angle on it and see if that'll help turn it. maybe i can find someone near me that can help. thanks for the basic set up numbers. i get the idea now of how it works.

simpsons7s

Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
The nut probably dosen't do the adjusting, look at the actuator arm on the valve side there should be a threaded end with a fitting attaching it to the valve and it should be held on by a C-clip, you have to remove that C-clip and take the fitting and spin it in on the threaded arm to shorten the distance between the valve and actuator, when you try to put it back on you will have to pull harder to put the fitting back on the valve, that is your spring tension, try a half turn at a time, you want to have about 8-10 pounds of force on it. After you have itr where you want it then you tighten the nut to keep the fitting in place. Hope this helps, if not post a pic of your actuator arm and I will help you from there.

aadsen

Philly Supras
Aug 4, 2005
Allentown
OK that makes a little more sense. i never took the clip off and thats prob why it wouldnt spin. it barely moved at all. thanks for the info.