aidanair

Cops Love Me
Aug 27, 2007
Marlboro
So hears a history of the car.
1987 Turbo 7M-GTE
BHG at 110k miles
BHG at 125k miles
Again i went with oem hg, stupidly. (wasnt my choice)
1) Thermostat still goes up when i hit the gas hard then let off.. as if its a bhg but it goes back down when i give it a lil gas...what can this be..?
2) i just replaced the exhaust manifold about 300 miles ago.. now i hear an exhaust leak again. cant be the manifold already can it?
3) just bought a test pipe so i melted the bolts off the cat and am running open downpipe for a few days =] will i get better power open dp or if i install the cat but leave the catback unconnected?

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
umm the hg sounds iffy. did you have the machine shop check for cracks and if it was straights?

2. you replaced the MANIFOLD, or the gasket? if its the gasket you need to probibly tighten the bolts down.

3. you will see more power with an open dp than a catback, however its loud as hell.

4. dont double post

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
either jack the front of your car up where the front bumper is higher than the rear.(put it on jack stands) or park it on a steep! hill . then turn the heater on full blast start the car and remove the radiator cap and air will find its way out.

make sure you have a few rags to clean up the coolant when it spits out. Also make sure you have a bottle of extra coolant to keep the radiator full.

keep burping the coolant system till there are no more bubbles popping out.

aidanair

Cops Love Me
Aug 27, 2007
Marlboro
MKIIINA said:
umm the hg sounds iffy. did you have the machine shop check for cracks and if it was straights?

2. you replaced the MANIFOLD, or the gasket? if its the gasket you need to probibly tighten the bolts down.

3. you will see more power with an open dp than a catback, however its loud as hell.

4. dont double post

the exhaust leak is killing my hp.. even open dp.. its not that loud btw the stock dp is ridiculously restrictive. but yea the manifold not the gasket i replaced. and the shop checked the head and machined it and said its in great shape... im more worried about the block being warped cause i cant afford to get that sent out to get machined.. at this point if thats the case itd be a totaled car so to speak