Help with misfire. Starts fine. Misfires while idling.

eighty-7t

chrono on SF
Apr 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
Hey guys. I have an 87 Turbo 5Spd. When i go to start it in the morning, it starts up fine. once the car comes down to about 600-700 rpm, the car starts to misfire. i recently replaced the plugs and went .031 with autolites. i took the car for a test drive and it runs fine until i boost. the car jerks a bit and feels like it wants to get up and go, but it doesn't. i also hit boost cut in 3rd gear. what's up with that? i had taken the cps out because at first the car was a no spark problem. turns out, it was coil number 3 that had a crack on the under side of it. i replaced it with another one, but the thing is, one of the holes where the wire goes into, is black and the other is the normal gold color. i'm getting codes 32 and 34.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
ngk coppers pn 4644, or ngk platinum, or ngk iridiums. Use the coppers for high hp/boost levels.

Also did you set the ign timing when you put the cps in?

And the codes are either for afm or its wiring.

eighty-7t

chrono on SF
Apr 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
hvyman;1836813 said:
ngk coppers pn 4644, or ngk platinum, or ngk iridiums. Use the coppers for high hp/boost levels.

Also did you set the ign timing when you put the cps in?

And the codes are either for afm or its wiring.

Thanks for the part number. I lined everything according to tsrm. I haven't timed it cause I don't have a timing light. Could it be that the cps is off one tooth?

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
eighty-7t;1836823 said:
Thanks for the part number. I lined everything according to tsrm. I haven't timed it cause I don't have a timing light. Could it be that the cps is off one tooth?

Yes could be of a tooth by what you are saying, but you still need to time it with a light.