help with knock sensors

rocktownmkIII

Jul 28, 2007
rockford il
I really dont like asking this but I was was wondering if theres anyone around the northen Il southern WI area thats would be interested in helping me replace and rewire knock sensors. I live in rockford Il and none of the shops around here want to do it except maybe the toyota dealer for a huge amont of cash. i got the rewire kit on its way and have 2 extra knock sensors. if somones intersted let me know and ill pay u a reasonable amount

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Dude, this job is so easy. You won't need any help at all. Did you get the rewire kit from Shaeff? If you did, it comes with easy to follow instructions and it won't take you an hour to do it. I promise. If you have a buddy then it will go that much faster, but as for being hard, it is about a 3 on a scale of 1-10. Ten being a complete rebuild and one being removing the radiator cap. Good luck, and don't sweat it. As the great Rob Schneider once said.........

YOU CAN DO IT!!

rocktownmkIII

Jul 28, 2007
rockford il
suprahero;1044728 said:
Dude, this job is so easy. You won't need any help at all. Did you get the rewire kit from Shaeff? If you did, it comes with easy to follow instructions and it won't take you an hour to do it. I promise. If you have a buddy then it will go that much faster, but as for being hard, it is about a 3 on a scale of 1-10. Ten being a complete rebuild and one being removing the radiator cap. Good luck, and don't sweat it. As the great Rob Schneider once said.........

YOU CAN DO IT!!

I ordered it but its still on its way shipping. I know very little about wiring but like you said it comes with instructions so it shouldnt be to hard. Im asuming its way easier to do the rewire form beneath the car then take the entire intake manifold off. Well i guess when i get the rewire kit in the mail im going to give it a try

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You can feel around for them from up above the intake and then try and get them off, but it's probably going to be easier from underneath the car. Just look at the instructions and if you have any problems you can pm Shaeff directly or you can pm me and I'll try to help. Good luck.

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
I had to rewire mine. Biggest problem was around the starter area. Was going to even take the starter out but decided to just endure the awkwardness (can't see it as its above the starter).

Also didn't use the special plugs for the knock sensors. Used a standard 25 cent crimp-on plug and filled it with RTV sealant after it was plugged in. If I have to remove the engine it might take me a couple of mins longer.

Last edited:

rocktownmkIII

Jul 28, 2007
rockford il
well got the kit from shaef and rewired it today. finally no more code 52. wow what a differnce the car idles so smooth and boost hits way quicker and pulls hard. i even noticeds the car sounds louder but way better