Help With BIC's

ronnie4

Nov 25, 2007
Huntsville
Hey Guys,

Can anyone help me with how to mount the bics on my motor?

It's a Soarer motor going into a pre-89

PIC 1- which mount goes onto which side?
PIC 2- intake side, which holes do I use?
PIC 3- exhaust side, which holes do I use?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSCN0278.JPG
    DSCN0278.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN0275.JPG
    DSCN0275.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN0276.JPG
    DSCN0276.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 26

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
The rectangulish mount which is on the left goes on the drivers side and mounts where the fuel line is at. so the fuel line thingy goes on the mount. and the other squarish mount goes on the passenger side. I also have a soarer motor. basically you move the mounts back from where the previous mounts go(towards the rear of the engine), hope that makes sense.

ronnie4

Nov 25, 2007
Huntsville
bluemkiii;1094736 said:
The rectangulish mount which is on the left goes on the drivers side and mounts where the fuel line is at. so the fuel line thingy goes on the mount. and the other squarish mount goes on the passenger side. I also have a soarer motor. basically you move the mounts back from where the previous mounts go(towards the rear of the engine), hope that makes sense.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

I just got the intake side done with no problems at all, whats the story with the exhaust side? I'm not seeing a set of holes further back than whats there, and If I use the same holes it doesn't quite line up?

Edit: Wow I need to work on that focus issue with my camera.

Attachments

• DSCN0279.JPG
    DSCN0279.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 43

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
IJ.;1094791 said:
It would be a good idea to contact Randy with this issue.

Yeah its a good idea just to make sure because its been awhile since I drop my engine in and I couldn't get any pics of the exhaust side mount. my heat shield and y pipe is in the way. I'm defiantly sure randy will help you out.

ronnie4

Nov 25, 2007
Huntsville
bluemkiii;1094796 said:
Yeah its a good idea just to make sure because its been awhile since I drop my engine in and I couldn't get any pics of the exhaust side mount. my heat shield and y pipe is in the way. I'm defiantly sure randy will help you out.

Thanks for trying.

5l_eater

I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT !
Jan 17, 2007
Maryland
hey your gona have to move your fuel dampner to get the right side mount to fit
im on the middle of same swap bro

zombie

Mar 5, 2006
Midland, Perth, WA, Australia
in the pics you put up without the mount attached you can see the extra holes further back, the bottom on is being used for a support bracing of some kind by the looks of it

See if they line up

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Are those genuine BIC brackets or some type of knock offs?, they look similar to the first version that I made before the parts were C&C cut. The brackets should be marked on the backside L or R, L is the intake side of the engine, R is the turbo side. Both sides use the rear most mounting holes, on the intake side, there may be a fuel line fitting bolted to the block, you need to use those holes and put the fuel line fitting ontop of the bracket. Also these brackets only work on mid/ rear sump engines, the oil line is in the way on front sump engines.

Feel free to email or PM me if you have any more questions

Randy
www.bicperformance.com