Help with 1jz questions!

cpederson

Mar 12, 2007
wi
I was wondering what can I expect from my 1jz with the folowing mods. Full 3.5 turbo back exhaust, hard ic pipes, bov, filter, and 12 lbs of boost? Also wat would be the best way to tune it? Map ecu, emanage, safc? I have a wide band and boost gauge. I'm leaning towards a map ecu because you can control timing and boost with it also it seems easier to tune than a safc (wich I've had some experience with). Or would a electronic boost controller be better with a safc? Will the car run decent with the stock ecu and a boost controller and that's it? I'm still waiting on my parts from driftmotion so I have time to figure this stuff out ;)

Thanks Corey

cpederson

Mar 12, 2007
wi
Stock (380cc) I believe. Are jdm 550s drop in? I thought I might go with those, but rite now I have stockers. And a mk4 fuel pump.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
I have full 3" inch with 2.5 DM IC kit. Right now I have greddy E0-1 at 13.3 psi but i'm hitting fuel cut with anything past that. I'm also running Greddy cam gears -2.5 Ex and +1 intake. I have greddy e-manage but I haven't installed it yet (hense the e0-1) My friend has Map ECU for his MKIV and I would spend your money else where. It doesn't seem to offer much considering what else you could get. I haven't dyno'd yet because i'm waiting to do my e-manage but i'm getting ready to move so i'm holding off on it. A

cpederson

Mar 12, 2007
wi
How do u like the dm ic kit? Do u still have stock injectors? Was it easy to tune with what you have done and what your tuning with?

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
I like my DM IC kit it works well. Boost is being handled by Greddy E0-1. I went this way because once I get my E-manage it, it'll allow me to tune my e-manage with out a labtop. 13.3 PSI and a tiny bit past that and I hit fuel cut = ( 10.9 A/F at WOT

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
cpederson;1590477 said:
I was wondering what can I expect from my 1jz with the folowing mods. Full 3.5 turbo back exhaust, hard ic pipes, bov, filter, and 12 lbs of boost? Also wat would be the best way to tune it? Map ecu, emanage, safc? I have a wide band and boost gauge. I'm leaning towards a map ecu because you can control timing and boost with it also it seems easier to tune than a safc (wich I've had some experience with). Or would a electronic boost controller be better with a safc? Will the car run decent with the stock ecu and a boost controller and that's it? I'm still waiting on my parts from driftmotion so I have time to figure this stuff out ;)

Thanks Corey

if it were me i would start with the safc because it is easier to tune, the afc also tunes timming but its intergraded in when you pull or add fuel... for example when you add fuel like +15% that would retard timing a certain degree, but i don't know how much exactly. then when you pull fuel like -15% it adds timing but then again like i said before i'm not sure how much... when i tuned my supra on the afc i had like -28% fuel up top then i decided to bump it up to -29% i gained 30rwhp so i assumed it added some timing in. as of right now i'm on the emanage ultima but haven't done any tunning yet because my car is having issues, but when i read on how to tune and looked at the tables it looks much more complicated and confusing versus the afc... i would sugguest starting with whats easier if you don't have much tunning experience then moving on from there to something like the emange.