Help Vibration in Stick

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
not exactly experienced in the driveshaft business.... but, isn't that what a balanced driveshaft is for... it's balanced, no 180 out stuff?

i had a terrible vibration in the car a while back... wouldn't do it in neutral but once i got up to bout 100kph/60mph i would feel it real bad, was totally vibrating the whole car, found out it was just tyre balancing... didn't think balancing could get that violent

another way you could try is maybe jackstands and chocks, drop the driveshaft so no rear end action and just run the engine and trannie and see if it still does it

just a thought :)

Chris-Supra

Apr 1, 2005
Minneapolis/Lakeville, Minnesota
Well, heres the deal. The car does have either an NA 5 speed for a turbo Auto driveshaft in it. They do fit, but don't quite go all the way into the tranny like the turbo 5spds. When we went to swap in the right one. We noticed play in the output shaft that wasn't normal. And the end of the sleeve yoke on the old driveshaft was worn strange on the outside, like it was rubbing hard on something. Then we tried to get the proper driveshaft in there and it wouldn't go. As if the output shaft was bent or something was in the way.

Chris

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
Chris-Supra said:
Well, heres the deal. The car does have either an NA 5 speed for a turbo Auto driveshaft in it. They do fit, but don't quite go all the way into the tranny like the turbo 5spds. When we went to swap in the right one. We noticed play in the output shaft that wasn't normal. And the end of the sleeve yoke on the old driveshaft was worn strange on the outside, like it was rubbing hard on something. Then we tried to get the proper driveshaft in there and it wouldn't go. As if the output shaft was bent or something was in the way.

Chris

Sounds like the wrong driveshaft fubar'd the output shaft. This would make sense if it was little shorter or the splines were different.