Help* stock location for ECU in 1JZ RHD Supra

Project-X

Jan 4, 2008
Toronto
Ok, I searched for awhile on here, google and even physically took my ecu and tryed to mount it where I thought it might go in my RHD 91
1JZ supra.

Can someone explain to me the stock location or post a picture of the stock mounting position of the ECU for me because I am not sure where it goes and I will like to mount it back where it belongs thanks!

The reason I am not sure of the stock location is because when I purchased the car it had a PowerFC unit mounted under the carpet area with the apexi extended harness.

any help is appreciated.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IBoughtASupra;1800249 said:
I used the stock location. The mounting brackets come off from the 7M computer.
Holy cow, someone else actually understands how to mount it in a L-H-D car too! Making me proud Andy, but seems like he's talking about a RHD car in this case, which is kinda backwards from the usual question about this that we get here...

You would need the stock brackets that were used on the 1jz ECU. I have some buried SOMEWHERE, but Lord only knows where they might be now. Not much use for me, since I'm LHD, if I remember correctly, I swapped the brackets off the 1j ecu onto the old 7m ecu and vice versa. So... if I can find that ECU, I find the brackets... hopefully. If you can't source any somewhere closer, hit me up again and I'll see what I can do to help.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
When I do my standalone unit, I am going to mount it behind the black glovebox cover if I can, if not, it will be mounted on a plate which will be in mounted to the glovebox and then locked with my key to avoid someone just going in there to throw something in there and I'd have to kill them.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IBoughtASupra;1800565 said:
Yeap, just mixed and matched the bracket and had to bend on to get it to fit.
All I did with mine was literally pull the brackets that came off the 7m ecu, and put them on the 1j ecu (took me a second to get them in the right positions), and it bolted right up like stock. :)

Project-X

Jan 4, 2008
Toronto
When I bought my RHD 1JZ ecu the guy included the stock mount brackets with the ecu so I do have them.

I think you guys misunderstood my question though, I am not sure of the stock location. Does it go on top of the black glove box plastic insert? maybe post a picture of the LHD location because its probably the same on the right hand side

thanks!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Ahhh... yeah, I totally misunderstood you. It goes above the black insert, not on. Been well over 2 years since I've been back there, not sure I have any pictures either, hopefully someone else does. It should lay parallel to the floor of the car, may have to twist it around a bit, play with the brackets until it lines up with the 4 (3? I forget) bolt holes. Should fit nice and snug once you get the positioning right...