HELP.. Starter and fuel injector problem..

bxiong17

Jan 21, 2008
Minnesota
What can cause a starter to go bad right away? I just replaced the starter with a reman from an auto part store and now the shop i am having the car tune and dyno said the starter is bad and need a good bang to start it. It started up no problem when I had it replaced. He then told me it had a blown fusible link and had to replace that fuse to be able to start the car. I wonder if that had something to do with it cause I had him install a turbo timer and the apexi neo and cause something to short out or something and blown that fuse or other fuses he's not telling me about. He also said my #3 injector is bad.. It supposly doesn't engage at all.. Would this injector be rebuildable? If so, how much roughly to rebuild one? They quoted me $100. He also claims my car can't full throttle because the cable were to loose and supposly dyno the car anyways and wasn't able to give me a rwhp. Why would someone dyno a car if it can't full throttle? I am starting to believe this shop is trying to rip me off.

SPOOLINLUST

Feb 24, 2011
nnj
A reman starter can fail very quickly same with alternators if not built with good parts and a good mechanic. Look into it they may have not found the problem until they made a pull and realized something was wrong. Did they make more than one pull? If an injector doesn't "engage" at all the car would run on 5 cylinders and cause a very noticeable problem. Research the shop that is doing the work.

bxiong17

Jan 21, 2008
Minnesota
I told the guy to not dyno the car without me being present and supposly he dyno it anyway. I had my brother go see the car today and thats what he told him. I was like WTF. I thought I made myself clear when I said no dyno unless I am there so I have no clue on how many pull he did and if he even did a pull. I have no clue. The shop is called D&D AUTO in Steven Point, WI. I took it to him because he supposly have 20 years experience in hondata, aem, and talks like he know how to tune and dyno any cars. On average, what does shop these days charge per hours for tuning and dyno pulls? Can't be no more than a thousand I don't think.

90mkiiisupra400hp

Mar 20, 2011
Gardiner, Maine
This shop sounds kinda shady, I would be hesitant to let them touch my car if they don't listen to my requests. Most shops dyno tune by the hour but $1000 sounds kinda high to me, but I think a lot of it depends on how good they are and how much business they have. There are a couple shops around here that charge $150-$200 an hour, but they are all different.

SPOOLINLUST

Feb 24, 2011
nnj
Yea I would say abort!! ASAP!! Most places will tune the Neo for less than $1000 I would think. I am not from your area but I got a quote of $600 for an AEM tune plus or minus.

bxiong17

Jan 21, 2008
Minnesota
Yea its hard to trust anyone these days unless you know them really well or they gets a lot of good feedbacks from people you know that taken their cars there to tune and dyno.. My signal lights don't work anymore for some odd reason? Turn signal flasher? or the mulit-switch itself bad? Also, could a bad TPS cause the car to shut off comming up to a stop in neutral or turning with car in gear?

bxiong17

Jan 21, 2008
Minnesota
Yes lesson learned. A shout out to everyone from the midwest, do not go to D&D AUTO in Steven Point, WI. Shop is a rip off. Guy is a dick there.