help question what size turbo to use on my twin wastegate manifold???

danameisgee

Feb 3, 2007
new york city
I got a great deal on a Full Race t6 "style" twin 44mm wastegate manifold.
I wanted to go with a t6766 or t71 billet but i dontknow if its to small for this manifold ??? it came with a t4 adaptor.

i wanna be able to use this manfold and use a t4 turbo but what size?
looking to make around 700hp
i got a fully built head hks 272 cams stock bottom end(2jzgte)
1000cc injectors
aem v2
auto tranny

thanks for the help!

danameisgee

Feb 3, 2007
new york city
Will post pictures. Tonight

34ytvdd.jpg

Last edited:

danameisgee

Feb 3, 2007
new york city
I wanna go t67 or t71 both t4. Turbos but people are saying that the manifold is to big and the twin wastegate will give me issues.... I wanna be able to drive in the street and drag

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Flateric;1776327 said:
I gotta say I have not ever personally seen a dual wastegate manifold. What would be the advantages of such a setup? Anyone?

Its mostly a high hp thing, more flow to prevent boost creep/maintain steady boost pressure.

OP, why are you set on a "t67 or t71"? The dual WGs will be just as streetable as running one WG.
I would look into the new BW turbos, check out boostlab.com

danameisgee

Feb 3, 2007
new york city
I wanted to go t67 b.c. I don't like lag....am only aimming.... For 700hp. max on a auto tranny.. people. Keep telling me that turbo is way to small for that manifold

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
In reality, start looking at the GT and GTX series of turbos. Billet compressor wheels are the standard nowadays, and with your split-pulse manifold you can use the sonic energy to help get a larger turbo up quicker. I am local to a guy who ran his mk4 with a TH400 on a Precision (non-billet) 67mm as well as a BorgWarner S374. The 67mm did ~650 at 30psi, and the 74 did 854whp at 32psi. If you want lag free performance, I would suggest the 67mm- it was much more fun to drive around in. Peak numbers were higher on the BW, but it wasn't worth losing all that midrange imo.

So, with that in mind, I would suggest a Billet 67mm turbo, likely a 6769 with a .96-1.1 exhaust hotside, 4" exhaust, 3" IC piping, and a really good intercooler.

One question, what fuel? All of this info is based off of E-85, which is plentiful here in MN. Might not be the same for you.

WI88Supra

WI Supra Fan
toyotanos;1776695 said:
In reality, start looking at the GT and GTX series of turbos. Billet compressor wheels are the standard nowadays, and with your split-pulse manifold you can use the sonic energy to help get a larger turbo up quicker. I am local to a guy who ran his mk4 with a TH400 on a Precision (non-billet) 67mm as well as a BorgWarner S374. The 67mm did ~650 at 30psi, and the 74 did 854whp at 32psi. If you want lag free performance, I would suggest the 67mm- it was much more fun to drive around in. Peak numbers were higher on the BW, but it wasn't worth losing all that midrange imo.

So, with that in mind, I would suggest a Billet 67mm turbo, likely a 6769 with a .96-1.1 exhaust hotside, 4" exhaust, 3" IC piping, and a really good intercooler.

One question, what fuel? All of this info is based off of E-85, which is plentiful here in MN. Might not be the same for you.

Agreed. E85 is a major factor in turbo consideration since you can make more power earlier on a smaller turbo. Given your horsepower goals, that manifold is a bit of overkill, unless you are restricted to pump gas. Then you will need to shoot for the larger end turbos.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
For a max hp goal of 700, that manifold is kinda over kill...but that doesnt mean you can't run it and have success with it!

I love my BW S366 (now availible with a billet wheel) those are rated at ~850hp, which would be an awesome streetable turbo for you that will meet and exceed you're power goals.

Something to look into..

danameisgee

Feb 3, 2007
new york city
IMG_20111114_132925.jpgI wanna go e85 but there no gas. Station near me that sell it. So am kinda stuck. With. 93 octane.... I. Would do a shot but. Am. Scared. Don't wanna blow up my stock block .

Last edited:

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Flateric;1776327 said:
I gotta say I have not ever personally seen a dual wastegate manifold. What would be the advantages of such a setup? Anyone?

The major benefit of a divided, twin wastegate manifold is that the divided sides of the manifold stay completely divided for the best possible effect of a twin scroll turbo. If the two sides share a single wastegate, some exhaust pulses from one side will "contaminate" the other side through the wastegate inlet pipes.

Generally, with a turbo this large boost creep isn't an issue because you're not usually trying to run low boost (at least, you shouldn't be!), and boost spiking isn't an issue because a turbo this large won't normally spool that fast.