Help please

toms_supra

Supra Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Langley Canada
Does anyone know what could be my problem? I just installed the 2.5 inch upper and lower pipes with Greddy type S bov also replaced the 3000 Pipe as well and now engine starts and runs but then it sputters then dies and when it dies, theres a ticking sound when it dies. Didnt really hear it before. If anyone could help me out then it would be great. thanks

My mods are:
K&N intake
BIC divorced downpipe
HKS super dragger exhaust with testpipe
2.5 IC pipes with greddy BOV

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
What hard pipe kit do you have? You need to check for vaccum leaks , double check every clamp and hose and get let us know...

toms_supra

Supra Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Langley Canada
There was another pipe that came with the IC kit to the replace the 3000 pipe. I got the Cooleeze IC pipes, complete 2.5 inch set upper and lower. And Yes i checked for all vacum leaks and there are none. I think it might be the cold start injector? But honestly do not know what could be wrong. :(

Tjay

Sep 20, 2008
Alberta
maybe I'm way off here, but sounds to me like your bov is vented to atmosphere. if it is recirculated..then I dunno.

toms_supra

Supra Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Langley Canada
Ya i just installed the greddy BOV and hardpipes and yes the greddy BOV is vented to the atmosphere. Is there anything else i have to do besides cap off the hole in the turbo accordian hose?
Sorry ima newb to this.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
IJ.;1411000 said:
2700 of something else ;)

These damn kids are always trying to find ways to reduce weight!:evil2:

They say if you find new problems right after doing a job, that the problem is probably in something you did. I can't think of anything that would cause a ticking. Are you sure you aren't hearing normal valve tick for the first time?

Getting old really sucks. I can't type for shit anymore.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
IJ, couldnt it just be a simple mess up on the vaccume for the BOV? He said he is venting to atmosphere and said nothing about a piggyback on the ECU. If he is running a AFM and its metering the air and his BOV is leaking at idle, that would cause it to sputter and die would it not? Ticking after the car stalls could be the IAC couldn't it?