help, no start

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
ok, so my supra was startinf b4. i had to crank it a couple of times but she turned over, but now it dosent, i checked,

1. she has fuel

2.she has spark

3.starter turns

the problem is when i try to start her she trys to turn over because i hear the back fire but then she jerks and stops violently...so i yanked out the plugs taht i just put in and they were black (new Plugs) so i pulled them out and cleaned them but then i noticed that oils was in the spark chanber so i started it to have the piston push out the oil, so it was a little cleaner than b4, how the oil got there idk, i guess when i put it in the jerking motion just scatered the oul around but then i noticed that the spark plugs had oil on them by the threads 4 were oily and 2 were dry 1234 and 6 were oil and 5 was, so the ni cleaned them and then i put then back in so after that i reconnected everything and put the coil wires to 163425. i think that my motor might be shot. if the oil is coming from the pistons right then i am going to take it and put it on fire..i am frustrated and out of ideas...help
i dont have a code reader so i cant pull them....

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
dumbo;1217060 said:
the oil most likely came from that "third valve cover" how do you know you got spark and fuel?

to check your codes all you need is a peice of wire, and know how to count.
that link wil explain how to read your codes if any.
http://cygnusx1.net/supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=FI&P=23
ii pulled out 1 of the wires and got shocked, also when i pulled out the plugs and the wires to turn the motor to flush out the oil i heard the pump nd smelled the fuel....is it possible that the filter is clogged or the pump is not pushing the right amount to the chamber.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
tsparks01;1217160 said:
ii pulled out 1 of the wires and got shocked, also when i pulled out the plugs and the wires to turn the motor to flush out the oil i heard the pump nd smelled the fuel....is it possible that the filter is clogged or the pump is not pushing the right amount to the chamber.

ok, so it does try to start. it sputters i take it by your first post. has it slowly been getting worse and now it wont start?? or is it all of a sudden.

i would check your codes, and check your timing too if you have a timing light. did you put new plugs in to try and help this problem, or did it start after you changed the plugs??

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
dumbo;1217233 said:
ok, so it does try to start. it sputters i take it by your first post. has it slowly been getting worse and now it wont start?? or is it all of a sudden.

i would check your codes, and check your timing too if you have a timing light. did you put new plugs in to try and help this problem, or did it start after you changed the plugs??

let me chk the codes first, and c what ir says, thing is when i get home its always dark, but yes it has gotten worst, she use to start at first turn but i changed the plugs and fluids. the cps sensor was open and oil got inside, after that it hasent been right so i decided to change all plug wires, plugs, cps sensor, and ignitor, but when i discovered that they car has a twisted chassis i swept the motor to my 87 and it went down hill from there.

shiftysupra

Nov 4, 2008
Tucson, AZ
check efi fuse and injector resistor. just because it smells of gas doesnt mean it's where it needs to be... also check codes and get back to us!

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
dumbo;1217233 said:

got codes, 22, 24, 35, 51

i am thinking 35 and 24 are the most important ones. so,,,

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
tsparks01;1221135 said:
got codes, 22, 24, 35, 51

i am thinking 35 and 24 are the most important ones. so,,,

when you swapped your eng it all came and went to the same years right? harness/ecu ect...to and from pre 89 -post 89??

code 35;if its pre 89 do you have the HAC sensor installed?
24; try unplugging your AFM car might start in limp mode if thats the problem.
code 22; i thought the water temp sensor was one wire?? the book might explain how to test it or someone else will chime in. i cant remember.

code 51; if you were touch the gas when checking codes or had you A/C on will cause it to come on, also check you TPS per TSRM.

Not sure if any of these will cause car not to start...have you reset your code by pulling out the efi fuse for 30seconds or more??