Help!!! Need advice!!

Warpath

Help me Jeebus!!
Oct 28, 2008
St.Louis
I don’t know where to begin so here goes. I’ve been living with my girlfriend for about a year now and I love her to death. She’s into cars too. In fact, one of the things that attracted me to her was her badass C6 Z06.

However, these passed few months have been challenging. We hardly see each other anymore at home. She comes home late at night. We don’t go out as much anymore. And, it seems like she’s starting a bunch of fights, often for meaningless reasons. Last month, I saw her on the computer giggling and typing away. I casually walked behind her to look over her shoulder. She slammed her laptop closed and we had the worst fight about privacy. Well, last week I got a little nosey and checked out her last text messages. She has been getting a lot of flirty texts from some number I don’t even recognize.

Well, last Saturday we were supposed to go to dinner with some friends. She bailed, saying she was not feeling well and told me to go without her. So I got into the supra, pretended to go to the dinner but in fact only went down the block, just on a suspicion. 15 minutes later she comes out and starts to drive off, so I followed her. She only went a few miles and stopped at an apartment complex. 10 minutes later, she and some bastard walk out and get into her car.

I followed them as they got onto the freeway onramp. She decided to punch it and was hitting triple digits in no time. I tried to keep up with them but she just kept pulling away. I was so pissed I couldn’t see straight. So here’s my dilemma. I sure could use everyone’s advice. If i swap out the auto transmission on my turbo for an r154 will i have to swap out my rear diff???

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Wow, you had a lot to get off your chest. But might I suggest the off-topic section or perhaps reddit?

Warpath;1707744 said:
If i swap out the auto transmission on my turbo for an r154 will i have to swap out my rear diff???

To answer the only question I found in all of that, No, you do not have to swap your differential. You will however need swap over a driveshaft from an r154 Supe.

CT26smoker

Banned
May 25, 2010
Houston
Just leave the car as it is, you don't need a it in parts at a time like this.
Then tell her that you seen her, and kick the 2-timing bitch out.
It is obvious that she is cheating on you.
You will never be able to trust her again.
Not a relationship worth following, no matter how much you like it.

And what would the results be if you did follow her, and cought them bumping uglies ?
Fight ?
Gun play ?
More lies ?
Not worth the trouble my friend.

Accept it and move on........

Warpath

Help me Jeebus!!
Oct 28, 2008
St.Louis
LOL, sorry the story was a joke. the question at the end should have gave that away. Thanks for the answer to my question.

Last edited:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
You should of said jumped into my supra, then followed it up with the question if I do a r154 swap will o be able to keep up with her.

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
no need for manual trans. get a powerglide and a fully built titan 2j setup. place the setup in mkiv supra shell from craigslist, or fully built complete mkiv supra for only 3,999.00 (super cheap, theyre all over.. just search). otherwise, purchase c6 z06 and turbocharge vehicle, remembering to install n02. youll be able to keep up with her then. may need to play extensive gtaiv in order to master the hand/eye coordination required to exact the rest of your plan. godspeed sir.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
supra1008;1707771 said:
You shouldn't make stories up like that. They might come true. I agree with S.A. supra though. LOL.

Nice setup, but this guy makes a good point. Friend of mine from back in the day played an April fools joke on our boss, told him he couldn't come in, that his wife left him and that he was a wreck, blah blah blah... well, about a year later it actually happened. :nono:

That said, unplug her afm and you'll be able to keep up no problem. ;)

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
te72;1708598 said:
Nice setup, but this guy makes a good point. Friend of mine from back in the day played an April fools joke on our boss, told him he couldn't come in, that his wife left him and that he was a wreck, blah blah blah... well, about a year later it actually happened. :nono:

That said, unplug her afm and you'll be able to keep up no problem. ;)

like i always say, bad things happen when you don't listen to chris. and they usually do ;)

you talkin about my setup?