Help: My tranny is stuck to the engine

Apr 4, 2005
Milwaukee
www.cardomain.com
I pulled the engine and tranny together and unbolted the tranny. It came off of the eninge about an inch and is now stuck. I can't get it all of the way off. It will rotate and seems to be held up by something in the center but I don't know what.

Do I need to do something with the clutch release or not have it in nuetral or somthing along those lines?

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
on an N/A you shouldn't have to remove the clutch fork, it's a different type of release setup than the turbo version. the N/A's use a push type, and the clutchfork/throw out bearing setup is the last thing in the tranny, and when you pull the tranny apart from the motor, you should be able to leave it in there.

i didn't have to remove the clutchfork either time i pulled my tranny...

-shaeff

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
fuckin shaeff... always ruining my day.. I hadn't noticed what section I was in!

well, provided you have all the bolts out of the bellhousing area... just grab onto it and shake it like a baby.

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
something seems to have swiveled inside , and shaking and pulling it going to be the most productive way. You may start be seeing if you can get it all of the way back on to/reset/it , if you will/