help me pick tires! plz.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Is there a reason no one has mentioned BFG KDW2? From what I've read, and felt they're a pretty damn good tire. Not the cheapest (200$ for a 275x18)...

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I'm planning on trying the BFG KDW2s when I get new rubber this year.

I used to run the Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EPs before and LOVED those tires! I don't think you quite understand how much I loved those tires. No. I wasn't sleeping with them. But I did run 4 sets from 1998 - 2006. I LOVED THOSE TIRES! Unfortunately they don't make them any more. :(

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
wow thanks everyone, been at school at work all day so i havent been able to update but this is exactly what i was looking for , Thanks!

will definatly look into those hancooks

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Well, I think the power level Im goin for, no tire will hold, so I just wanna get something as sticky as possible...

60mph burn out anyone? ;)

rsaeini

padawan
Oct 30, 2006
SoCal
here are a few different tires i have ran in the past and present that have real good grip levels.
Potenza SO2
Hankook RS2
Goodyear F1
Falken RT615

i road race my other car in a street class and all of these tires have held up pretty damn well. my favorite of the bunch is the Hankook because the grip level may be about 5-7% less than the others but it's much cheaper. this means i can go through 2 sets for the same price as 1 set of the others.

right now i'm running Yoko AVS Sport tires on the Supra only because the wheels i got came with them but i will switch to something else pretty darn soon.

and if you want real good grip and you don't wanna switch to a drag radial...there are COMP class tires you can get:
TOYO RA1
NITTO NT01
YOKO ADVAN AO48
YOKO ADVAN AO32R