Help me pick a suspension setup

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I guess the overall question is coilovers vs springs/shocks and which specifically. Supra is not my daily but I want something comfortable enough for long drives but aggressive enough for the track.

My current DD (00 eclipse) has eibach springs, kyb agx struts, front and rear sway bars and strut bars. I actually like this setup for the most part because it handles like a MF compared to stock but doesn't kill my back at the same time. My complaints are a little too much body roll and not enough drop.

I'd love to get coilovers but my main fear is that it's going to make the ride too harsh for me to enjoy. I've driven a few friends cars (non supra) with coilovers and found it too bumpy for frequent use. Further with all the adjustment points I get the impression that unless I raced competitively I really wouldn't know my ass from my elbow about tuning it correctly.

Opinions?

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
HR springs will give a little more drop, and are a little more stiff than Eibachs.
That sounds like what you are aiming for.
If you have tems and want to keep it, Tokico Illumina II's are the only option (other than stock). Otherwise any good shock will do (I like Bilstein shocks)

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
No TEMS and yeah that bilstein and h&r combo seems pretty popular around these parts. I think generally it's what I'm leaning towards at the moment along with the ST sway bars and I already have f&r strut bars.

Is there such a thing as a coilover as soft as this setup? I mean I was looking at spring rates and such but I don't know how to judge once the shock is thrown into the mix.