Help me ID this Remaped 7m ECU

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
A few days ago I've purchased my 4th Supra:) It is a true track car with lots of goodies as seen here .

Anyways today I got a chance to open the ECU. What I found inside is quite interesting ... according to the previews owner - he got this ECU from Larry (Sound Performance) for some ridiculous amount of money 10+ years ago. The car has some big Turbonetics Turbo (yet to be identified) ,but no tuning for it whatsoever. I need to either ID this ECU or get rid of it and use stock ECU to tune the car.

The ECU apparently have some daughter board attached. In addition there is secondary eprom connected with just 3 wires for yet to be determined function. I've heard that ECUs like that existed but never saw even pictures on the forums before:)

Here are some pictures (Stock ECU to the left ,modded one to the right).

IMG_7332.jpg

IMG_7333.jpg

More pics of the daughter board:

IMG_7335.jpg

IMG_7338.jpg

Even more pics are availible here:

http://forums.lorddigital.com/Project/Track%20Car/ECU%20and%20TURBO/Output/pages/IMG_7332.htm

Any help in ID-ing this would be appreciated.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I would just send that TCCS to me that way it is not in your way JK :p

Very nice. Wish I found goodies like that in my supra's.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
That is awesome. The track car is awesome too. Not too fond of the welds on the cage, but awesome none the less.
Could you take some more pics of the cage for me - where it mounts to the floor and how it clears the targa bolts?

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
figgie;1378894 said:
That would be a G-Force/TechTom ECU. Reg Reimer in Canada still might be able to tune that for you but it is getting more and more difficult to find someone to tune those.

http://www.technosquareinc.com/romtoyota.htm

TY64A on top ;)

Thanks,

I will contact him ,but I've already given up on that ECU after I could not detect any fuel cuts (0% correction @ 12psi with 550hp+ Precision Turbo). I'm guessing that the fuel cut is disabled and I doubt very much that the tables were extended too much...

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
MDCmotorsports;1379509 said:
That is awesome. The track car is awesome too. Not too fond of the welds on the cage, but awesome none the less.
Could you take some more pics of the cage for me - where it mounts to the floor and how it clears the targa bolts?

Are you coming to CHI2K9? I got one of my stock ECUs in the car ,disconnected the KS and tuned it with MAFT pro like in the good old days:) I'll be for sure at SP on Friday and would dyno it together with my 1.5JZ on Friday (very similar turbos ,and same exact boost). BTW the previews owner was a partner with Todd in TKO Motorsports- their main business was building custom cages ,this migh've been the first cage that he did but the track record of this Supra on time attacks with Midwestern Council is ... quite impressive!