Help me get my build/gallery site going - www.clutchlink.com

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Approved by Supracentral

Hey guys, I just launched a new site I've been working on the side. It's a convenient way to show off your car and host your "build thread" - completely free. The concept is very simple, but I feel it's a better approach than your typical forum for this type of stuff and we all know cardomain.com is a piece of junk. I'm reaching out to you guys to help me hit the ground running, help test, spread the word, and find bugs. Plus, for early registrations I'm considering adding people to the featured gallery on the front page!

Keep in mind this is technically a "beta" release so you will find some issues and quirks. Please report them here for now until I get a real feedback system up and running for the site. I'm open to any and all suggestions too.

http://www.clutchlink.com

Please feel free to sign up, add your Supra (or other cars) and generally poke around. I'd appreciate the help!

-Andy

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I just joined. I like it so far, but I'm having issues uploading a cover photo and creating the build.

Edit: I got the cover upload to work, my brower had a strange issue with it. It may be my browser causing all the issues.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Chambers;1971662 said:
I just joined. I like it so far, but I'm having issues uploading a cover photo and creating the build.

Edit: I got the cover upload to work, my brower had a strange issue with it. It may be my browser causing all the issues.

I think it has some sporadic issues with Internet Explorer. Were you using Internet Explorer? And if so, what version? I'm going to try and have these issues fixed today or tomorrow.

Edit: I also see some errors logged on the back end from when you tried to submit it. Let me get these fixed and I'd appreciate you giving it another try!

Last edited:

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Yea I'm using IE 9.

This is the pop up I keep getting at the bottom of the screen:

Only secure content is displayed. What's the risk? Button--> Show all content

I added it to the safe or "trusted sites" list and I still get the error. When I click the button it reloads the page. But no matter what page I go to it pops back up.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
I'm having trouble reproducing it. I've tried it on IE9, IE10, Firefox and Chrome. However, I've had a couple other people say the same thing. I just made some updates:

Got rid of the warning when leaving/submitting the build
Fixed the Only secure content is displayed. What's the risk? warning on the page.

Can you guys try again and see if it's working for you? Try uploading the cover photo before typing anything in the title or description just in case it still doesn't work you won't waste time. Again, thanks for helping with this! After these few quirks are ironed out it should work pretty well.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
Looks awesome and a really great idea IMO.

Could you include a way of back dating posts?
That way people who have already started a build can keep a more accurate timeline.

Also, if this really takes off, it would be great if you could search by car not just keywords. Giving you a list of ALL the builds for a specific car (ex: 87-92 Toyota Supra :biglaugh:). I realize this would take quite a bit of work but it would make it more user friendly.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
AbsoluteSpeed;1971761 said:
Looks awesome and a really great idea IMO.

Could you include a way of back dating posts?
That way people who have already started a build can keep a more accurate timeline.

Also, if this really takes off, it would be great if you could search by car not just keywords. Giving you a list of ALL the builds for a specific car (ex: 87-92 Toyota Supra :biglaugh:). I realize this would take quite a bit of work but it would make it more user friendly.

Two great ideas, and in fact both of those are on my TODO list :). Seeing as I need to back date my own posts on the site lol. I'll have to include Year/Make/Model when they are adding the build to be able to search reliably by it, but it shouldn't be much trouble. Thanks for the feedback!

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Ask and ye shall receive! You can now backdate posts and browse by make/model. I'll add year in there in the near future.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
T3rril79;1972972 said:
Wow this is a really great idea, I am joining this afternoon.

emiliorescigno;1972974 said:
This looks awesome. Maybe I will finally get around to sharing my progress, haha.

Please do an tell me if anything isn't working. We're still working out the kinks so-to-speak. However, if I do say so myself, it's much easier to post updates on this site than it is on regular forum software so I hope it is an incentive to share more progress. I've been guilty of the same thing haha.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Bump! The site is getting more and more traffic now. I'd love to see more of you guys add your Supras on there!