help maybe a BHG!!!!

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
hello people im kinda new to this so please cut me some slack ... i got my 87 mk3 with a 7m jdm motor swap it had a blown head gasket so i got the replaced along with cuple other lil thing like studs and timing belt .. ever sence i got it out the shop i still had sigh of bhg like engine temp jumping to hot the fallen back down white smoke and coolent leaking and just yesterday i open the radiator cap and it had a milk like scum one it i look the overflow take and the coolent look think and look it had oil in it i have no i dea wat is the problem can some one help :1zhelp:

Attachments

• Photo-0777.jpg
    Photo-0777.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 25

nvgc8

Narf! Zort! Troz! Fjord!
Sep 14, 2007
Meridian, ID
Sure sounds like a BHG to me. When the new head gasket was put on was the head and block checked to make sure that they are straight and smooth. If the head is warped or the surface is screwed up the new head gasket would blow almost immediately.

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
nvgc8;918255 said:
Sure sounds like a BHG to me. When the new head gasket was put on was the head and block checked to make sure that they are straight and smooth. If the head is warped or the surface is screwed up the new head gasket would blow almost immediately.

yeah when i got the gasket replace i also got the head sent out to machine shop to get it resurface :1zhelp:

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
did they flush the oil and coolant system good? could just be left over from the first BHG.. block might need some resurfacing done too... sure sounds like it would be leaking agian though..take it back to the shop they didn't do a good job. :p

AllStreet

Banned
Feb 3, 2008
Michigan
I would say it is the the head gasket, if the coolant and " oil " mixed you will have a filmy coolant, if you see your gauge jump that high i would turn the car off, and also if you did a compression test you may be able to confirm what you think.

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
sounds like a bhg. was a stock hg used or metal? stock head bolts, arp head bolts or arp head studs? any idea what they torqued the head to? where did u have this done at? how long ago and why didn't u take it back once u noticed something wrong?

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
suprafanatic;918931 said:
did they flush the oil and coolant system good? could just be left over from the first BHG.. block might need some resurfacing done too... sure sounds like it would be leaking agian though..take it back to the shop they didn't do a good job. :p

no i havent done that just yet but i will today and ill let u know wat i see

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
AllStreet;918962 said:
I would say it is the the head gasket, if the coolant and " oil " mixed you will have a filmy coolant, if you see your gauge jump that high i would turn the car off, and also if you did a compression test you may be able to confirm what you think.

havent have time to do a compression test just yet but normaly wat should it read ??

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
NocturnalKitty;919031 said:
sounds like a bhg. was a stock hg used or metal? stock head bolts, arp head bolts or arp head studs? any idea what they torqued the head to? where did u have this done at? how long ago and why didn't u take it back once u noticed something wrong?

when i got the gasket fixed i got a new metal head gasket and arp bolts im not sure wat they torgued it to but i got it done at C&J auto service center in VA i bought the car from my cuz and he had in it the shop when i went to pick it up from pa back in december the car sat there for about 3 week befor i picked it up. i picked it up the same day it waz done. When i got it i drove around just so i can break in the head a lil nuthing like high rev or any thing i bearly even hit boost thats how nice waz to it lol. so i put about 150 miles on it befor driving it back to PA the next morning .during the drive i notice still have the burning coolant smell and when i waz almost home the engine temp started jump up and fallen back down now at this point im still driving like an old lady so i pulled over and pop the hood and saw the over flow waz full and overflowing but the radiator waz still full so i figur the put too much so i just kept on moving and im at where i am now i drove around for pass month hoping that its just wats left over from the previous bhg still no hard reving just normal driving. the past Sunday waz the day i saw that the coolant waz a lil thick and discolored so i knew its a problem and now imhere trying to figur out wat it is sorry for the typo but ima at work so trying to do this right fast so bare with me wat do u think can be the problem

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
you have another BHG, or warped head...... if you did a metal head gasket and they didnt resurface the block at all, it would have a good chance of leaking,, also if it wasnt torqued down enough it could leak or blow, could be both.

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
so i just got my oil changed and the guy told me that "all of your seals under the car are blown causing oil to leak every where " so im an a lil confused right about now can some one shead some light

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
So you have oil in the coolant, and not coolant in the oil? These are two different symptoms of two different problems. Please clarify which you have.

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
suprafanatic;920031 said:
seal around the oil pan? oil lines leaking? you need to be alittle more specific

im sorry but i not even sure wat seals i ask the guy and all he said waz "all of your seals below the engine are blown it cause the oil to leak out every where..." thats y im a lil lost my self...

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
cuel;919946 said:
So you have oil in the coolant, and not coolant in the oil? These are two different symptoms of two different problems. Please clarify which you have.

i have oil in my coolant ..the coolant is very think and discolored and when i open the radiator i notice a creamy like build up on the cap and the radiator light is on also

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
take that car to a GOOD shop and have them figure out whats going on.... get away from the shop thats just telling you ALL seals. if you ask for which seals they should tell you, also you need to completely drain your coolant and oil. you shouldnt be driving it like this at all, you'll have a million more problems come up. and your head will be warped way to much to re-use agian. i just went threw the same problem thats how i know :) speaking of which the shop just called and said my car is done!! woot.. goign to pick it up..