HELP! im not sure what most of this stuff is or does?!?!?!

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
got the boost turned up a little bit today, now it actually hits 10-11lbs of boost when i open it up, we also turned up the fuel pressure to about 5lbs. we then changed the battery out for a optima red top only cuz the other battery had no cranking power left it seemed. and now i have my Recaro's in it as well, they look awesome in the grey interior. and to top it all off i swaped in a momo steering wheel (although i have to take it back off cuz its off by a spline) but the real kicker to the day was the fact that while we were getting some lunch today some lady hit the car behind us in the drive through who in turn hit me. luckily my brakes kinda suck right now and i just rolled forward with a dented/scuffed back bumper and a cracked rear lip. the accord behind us was totaled though. we were able to leave because the damage was minimal, which was lucky cuz i havent gotten insurance yet cuz they dont open till monday... so i guess when i get the new front lip ill have to respray the back as well

Last edited:

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Will have to wait till the A.M. For them :/ definitely not as bad as it could have been but I'm still not happy about it, but what can you expect when a ford explorer creams the car behind you?

I would suggest leaving everything in then using it as needed. Is the nitrous on a switch by hand or WOT switch? It'd be silly to take it off. Just leave it on. Trust me you'll be using it all in no time once it's explained to you. Just make sure you know when to use the nitrous or that engine will go POP

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Another thing I'm not a fan of is the power cut off switch that I have to turn off whenever the car isn't running, leave it on without the engine and it won't start after 15min. I think this has something to do with all the stuff wired into the dash. Guess I'll find out whenever I try to rewire a head unit back in (same one I have in my truck to simplify my life lol)
As far as the NO2, it has a switch on the dash and he was supposedly hooking it up to a WOT switch, but passed befor this was complete

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I've been told by 3 different people meow that it's probably best to leave the NO2 in the car cuz it will take a lot more to un-install it than it would be worth. Prob gonna be easier to just run the hoses to the back hatch area instead...

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Lol I really should :) it's just a little overwhelming to me. My other car is an 87NA and has a BHG. This whole turbo thing is really new. It doesn't help that I don't have anyplace to work on it either. But you are right good sir, I should be more positive about this whole thing.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Yeah I think I'm just gonna move the switches to the glove box (unless you guys can suggest a more creative place to put them,
And move the hoses and tanks to the hatch area. Do you guys know of anybody who has cut out the spare tire area and expanded it?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
yhatzee89;1877640 said:
Another thing I'm not a fan of is the power cut off switch that I have to turn off whenever the car isn't running, leave it on without the engine and it won't start after 15min. I think this has something to do with all the stuff wired into the dash.
Sounds to me like it may be draining the battery. Do you have a way of testing the voltage? Might be a good place to start, would certainly suck to forget that switch and end up stranded somewhere...

Also, wouldn't it be great if modified cars came with "Previous Owners Manuals"? :p

yhatzee89;1877706 said:
Lol I really should :) it's just a little overwhelming to me. My other car is an 87NA and has a BHG. This whole turbo thing is really new. It doesn't help that I don't have anyplace to work on it either. But you are right good sir, I should be more positive about this whole thing.
You sound just like a friend of mine from about 6 years ago. Mind my asking how old you are? :)

yhatzee89;1877887 said:
Do you guys know of anybody who has cut out the spare tire area and expanded it?
Not a whole lot of room to expand it sir. Your differential and axle sits right in front of it, the fuel tank to the right of it, rear bumper behind it, and the exhaust to the left of it. Unless you're going toward the ground with it...

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Yeah I think I'm just gonna move the switches to the glove box (unless you guys can suggest a more creative place to put them,
And move the hoses and tanks to the hatch area. Do you guys know of anybody who has cut out the spare tire area and expanded it?