help identify a part

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
OK guys, im almost done with the engine swap on my car. Ive got the new motor bolted down in the car. Basically the only things I have left to do is add fluids, plug up the rest of the engine harness, put on the accessory belts, and set the timing. But I have a problem, I have two pieces left over and i dont know where they go. They are very substantial pieces and look like they could be used to support something. The reason i dont know where they go is because my friend helping me out took them off the car. He cant help me with the car until tommorrow but Im positive I can get the car done today if I knew where they went. But the pieces are labeled LH and RH. They are almost triangular in shape and have two bolt holes right next to each other. Im on my way back to my parents house now and will try to get pics, but I figured someone should remember what these are since they are pretty decently sized pieces.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
LH, RH, pretty decent sized pieces, triangular shaped??????????

Is it the tranny supports? They are labeled LH and RH. I bet you will have an answer rather quickly when you get the pictures up. Good luck with the start up..............lol

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Pics of the pieces would help, but the first thing that comes to mind when you say triangular and that the like like they could support something and that there is a right and left side, Then my guess is that they are the lower trans to engine braces. (attaches to front of bellhousing under the block level and run forward and up to the sides of the block, just behind the mounts.)

Wendigo

Ericsplosion
Jul 25, 2005
New Paltz NY
If they have two holes at each end and don't face the same direction I would definitely say they are tranny supports.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
1TuffSupra said:
yeah, my dad and i figured it out. Got the drivers side bolted down, the passenger side doesnt seem to want to fit at all though.

You may have the wrong one. The passanger side is different depending on the year of the chassis. The change came with the subframe change in 89 (when the mount stands when to cast aluminum from stamped/welded steel). You have to use the one from your chassis otherwise it wont fit. Also, remember that that side on the post 89 chassis's, the brace's forward bolt hole at the block sits ontop of the lower rear corner of the mount stand.

Hope this helps if you haven't already figured it out.