Help!!!!! I cant figure this overfuelling issue.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
IndigoMKII;1909705 said:
Well I hate to be 'that' guy but if you owned the car for 16 years, why can't you fix this problem?

Instead of having sixteen years experience it sounds like he has one year sixteen times. I too am puzzled. It's an old car, a rather simple one at that, not the space shuttle.

7mboze

Oct 30, 2008
odenville ,al
jetjock;1909963 said:
Instead of having sixteen years experience it sounds like he has one year sixteen times. I too am puzzled. It's an old car, a rather simple one at that, not the space shuttle.
well jet if its so simple that means a genius like yourself should have no problems with helping which is what this forum was designed to do. if you have solutions with with constructive criticism I can handle it. but if youonly have criticism and no solutions there are two options for you. disregard my post or dont log onto supramania if it bothers you that much to help or read these post. Thank you.

7mboze

Oct 30, 2008
odenville ,al
supraguy, the marks on the cam gears are lined with the timing cover. its the intake cam lobe thats at the 10:30 postion. yes number one cylinder is a tdc.I turned the crank by hand and used a one foot extension in the number one cylinder unil the crank was at 0 at that point the piston was at the top of the stroke. 2. the crank pulley bolt was replace when the engine was rebuilt I didnt cut any corners. Thanks for the reply.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Bernard, I was hoping you'd have this gremlin found by now. Ricky and I have been working the last few weekends. We've got to work this one too, but if this problem isn't found, I'll load him up and we'll drive over and see if we can help you fix it.

To those that don't know Bernard, he is a school teacher and coach and one hell of a good guy. He would help any of you if he could and I appreciate the help that some of you are giving him. It's really hard to diagnose or solve a problem over the internet, but I do appreciate the effort some of you are giving. Thanks, Jay

7mboze

Oct 30, 2008
odenville ,al
suprahero;1909985 said:
Bernard, I was hoping you'd have this gremlin found by now. Ricky and I have been working the last few weekends. We've got to work this one too, but if this problem isn't found, I'll load him up and we'll drive over and see if we can help you fix it.

To those that don't know Bernard, he is a school teacher and coach and one hell of a good guy. He would help any of you if he could and I appreciate the help that some of you are giving him. It's really hard to diagnose or solve a problem over the internet, but I do appreciate the effort some of you are giving. Thanks, Jay
Yea jay this is one taking me through the ringer man. I would be glad to see you and ricky lol.... thanks man! but you know me I am not one to give up.

7mboze

Oct 30, 2008
odenville ,al
sorry supraguy to answer you question about which way the cps is facing, I had think for sure what you meant. I still am not 100 percent sure but The lip that comes of the gear inside the cps is slightly past the G2 pick up. Thats the correct position to the best of my knowledge

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?38775-How-To-basic-timing-instructions-CPS-alignment

This will help you make sure the CPS is on the correct spot.

If it chokes and spits, trying to start, that means you have the required things for the engine to run but it's merely timed incorrectly. Regardless of what you think to be positive of, just double check. It's better to retrace your steps and find the mistake than chase several other leads, never finding the problem.

Yea suprahero, it is hard to find a problem without being able to see it yourself. You can tell so many things by just how the car is cranking or listening to it hiccup while trying to come to life.

7mboze

Oct 30, 2008
odenville ,al
thanks for the post indigo, but cps looks exactly like that picture in shaefs post. I actually have that post saved in my files. Thank you.

7mboze

Oct 30, 2008
odenville ,al
Update! The car now runs on 4 cylinders. The first four to be exact. I verified this by letting the car idle terribly at 700 rpm. it sounded like harley davidson motorcyle. Immediately after it ran I took all the plugs out and looked into the cylinders. Cylinders 1-4 were damp with fuel and cyl. 5-6 dry as bone. None of the plugs were wet. 1. fuel injector resistor is getting 12v. The ohms were in spec. 2. all fuel injectors were at 3 ohms. 3. I am getting 12v at fuel injector clips. 4. I took compression with all plugs out of the engine, it was 105psi across all cyl. But the engine was not warm because it doesnt run long enough. I cant figure why 5-6 cly. was dry like no fuel had been in the cyl. can someone shed some light on this matter?

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
7mboze;1912593 said:
Update! The car now runs on 4 cylinders. The first four to be exact. I verified this by letting the car idle terribly at 700 rpm. it sounded like harley davidson motorcyle. Immediately after it ran I took all the plugs out and looked into the cylinders. Cylinders 1-4 were damp with fuel and cyl. 5-6 dry as bone. None of the plugs were wet. 1. fuel injector resistor is getting 12v. The ohms were in spec. 2. all fuel injectors were at 3 ohms. 3. I am getting 12v at fuel injector clips. 4. I took compression with all plugs out of the engine, it was 105psi across all cyl. But the engine was not warm because it doesnt run long enough. I cant figure why 5-6 cly. was dry like no fuel had been in the cyl. can someone shed some light on this matter?

Fuel injectors stuck closed? Swap 5/6 with one of the working cylinders, see if it changes.

Are you getting the voltage at the fuel injector themselves? Is the fuel injector receiving the ground to close(Pulse) the injector?

7mboze

Oct 30, 2008
odenville ,al
i am getting voltage at all injectors by way of clips. I just put a brand new injector in cyl. 6 last week because it was stuck open. I tested injector 5/6 by running to wires from the battery straight to the injector. every time I touch the ground side of the injector I can hear them clicking. I dont know if thats the case all the time. I will keep running test.

toytech

Toyota certifed
Feb 10, 2009
Frankton,Indiana
105 psi is a low compression reading. Was the throttle open or closed. I would test it again low compession causes a lot of run ability issues.

7mboze

Oct 30, 2008
odenville ,al
The intake was closed but all six plugs were out at the same time. the engine probably has 1000 miles at the most. and the engine was cold. I understand what your saying and thats why I took the compression but the other 4 cylinders are firing and runs ok. its just cylinder 5/6. Thanks though. I will figure it out sooner or later lol

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
IF you're getting pulse to the injector plugs, and IF your injectors have proper impedance, and IF you can hear them clicking(opening), then the only thing it could be, is either a blocked rail, or blocked injectors.

Does that logic sound right?